Marine Mech & Construction Apprenticeships or Traineeships, Logistics Courses and, AMSA Approved Seafarer Qualifications at GBRIMC in Queensland
TAFE Queensland is Queensland's largest, most experienced training provider and deliver practical, industry-relevant training across a range of industries from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees, at more than 50 locations in Queensland. You can choose from Thursday Island in the north, down to Coolangatta in the south east corner, and as far west as Mount Isa.
TAFE Queensland is the largest, most experienced training provider in the state, with a history of serving Queensland's communities for more than 135 years. They offer more than 500 practical, industry-relevant courses from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees. The training is delivered to over 120,000 students each year across more than 50 locations in Queensland.
Another campus, the Great Barrier Reef International Marine College (GBRIMC) is located in Cairns with the best equipped training center in the southern hemisphere. The marine training programs cover a diverse range of skills and qualifications which prepare students for local, state and federal licensing exams, subject to the requirements of individual agencies.
- Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology - Apprenticeship or Traineeship (Bracken Ridge and Coomera Marine Campuses): Gain the technical knowledge and practical skills required to work as a Marine Mechanic with this mid-level course.
- Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction - Apprenticeship or Traineeship (Coomera Marine Campus): Gain the technical knowledge and practical skills required to work as a boat builder and repairer with this intermediate-level course.
- Certificate II in Marine Mechanical Technology (Coomera Marine Campus): Get set for a career in the marine industry with this entry-level course that will help you secure an apprenticeship or employment as a marine mechanic.
Great Barrier Reef International Marine College (GBRIMC) Programs
- Please check the GBRIMC section here
- Diploma of Logistics (Bracken Ridge, Loganlea, and Ipswich Campuses) : Develop specialized knowledge and skills in the logistics industry with this advanced qualification. This course is perfect for people currently working in the industry who want to progress their career into a logistics management role.
- Certificate III in Logistics (Ipswich, and Toowoomba Campuses): This entry level course is ideal for those wanting to improve their job prospects in the industry.
- Certificate II in Logistics (Bracken Ridge, Loganlea, Mt Gravatt, Caboolture, and Warwick Campuses): Gain the basic knowledge and skills required to embark upon a career as a logistics clerk with this entry-level course.
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations (Ipswich, and Toowoomba Campuses): Develop a broad range of knowledge and skills to work as a general warehouse operator in the warehousing and storage industry.
- Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations (Ipswich, and Toowoomba Campuses): Set yourself apart from the crowd and enhance your career prospects with this practical course. This qualification will give you the technical skills required to work in a warehouse administration role.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 2, 2019