Translate to Your Language
Maritime Commercial Training and Yachting Australia Courses in Whitsunday Islands
The Whitsunday Maritime Training Centre (WMTC) is a registered training organization based at the Whitsunday Sailing Club in Airlie Beach Queensland. Located right on the water overlooking Pioneer Bay and the beautiful Whitsunday islands, WMTC offers a range of training courses for people interested in learning the basics, through to improving skills or gaining qualifications for a career in the maritime industry.
The WMTC is a User Choice pre-qualified supplier. This means the Queensland Government will fund 75% of the cost of the trainees selected qualification. Traineeships combine practical work with structured training and provide employees with a nationally recognized qualification and practical hands on skills. As an employer, Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships provide flexible and inexpensive solution to all your employment and training needs.The WMTC also conducts group training sessions for schools, universities, businesses or government departments.
WMTC offers a range of training courses for people interested in learning the basics, through to improving skills or gaining qualifications for a career in the maritime industry. From a recreational Queensland boat licence through to Master <24m Near Coastal, the WMTC has the facilities, expertise and flexible training programs to meet your needs.
- Provide First Aid (1 day): You will be able to provide basic life support to injured people, apply basic First Aid and perform CPR to sustain life in an emergency situation.
- Oxygen & CPR (3-4 hours): The CPR qualification is achieved in conjunction with the Oxygen course or as an individual competency. You will be able to perform CPR, apply Oxygen treatment and have a basic understanding of Defibrillator operation. This is a useful and often required competency on Dive Boat Operations.
- Marine Radio Operator (1 day): Operators of marine radios on vessels and at maritime coast stations, other than those solely using 27 MHz frequencies, are required to hold a Certificate of Proficiency or an equivalent overseas qualification. This certificate covers both VHF and MF/HF operation.
- Shipboard Safety Skill Set (2 days): This Skill Set reflects the work required by people who need to complete shipboard safety units of competency required by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
- Coxswain Grade 1 Near CoastalMaster <24 meters (3 weks): This course is based on the National Maritime Training Package (MAR). There are a range of requirements set down by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) before issue of a licence will be given.
- Master <24 metres: Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 (MED 3) (12 m): Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 (MED 2) : Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2)
- Certificate of Safety Training & Security Awareness Training STCW (8 days)
- Certificate of Safety Training - Refresher (2 days)
- Bareboat Briefing Operations (2 days)
- Exemption 38 (2 days)
- Coastal Navigation (1 day)
Yachting Australia Courses
- Powerboat Handling
- Powerboat Handling Instructor
- Safety Boat Handling
- Racing Skills 1 & 2
- Safety & Sea Survival
- Boat License
- PWC License
- Small Boat Training
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 25, 2017