ISSA Approved Powerboat, Yacht Skipper & VHF / SRC Radio Courses and DMCA & FTA Licensing in Dubai, UAE
Located in Dubai, UAE, Al Bateen Marine Training Institute is the sole partner center to provide ISSA (International Sailing Schools Association) training courses and International certificates in the UAE and GCC from beginner level all the way up to Master of Power Yachts 200 GT. ISSA is a non-profit international association which provides a framework of common standards of quality and safety for sailing and windsurfing schools throughout the world.
Al Bateen Marine Training Institute is a fully recognized International Sailing Schools Association (ISSA) Training Facility and is the leader in Pleasure and Commercial marine training in the GCC. Al Bateen also provides Private Individual Training, Yacht Charter, yacht Pre-purchase Survey, and Yacht management solutions.
The institute is approved by the Federal Transport Authority of UAE & Dubai Maritime City Authority. Al Bateen Marine is accredited by ISSA in 2017 and now runs fully established training courses in UAE.
- ISSA Inshore Power Boat Skipper: Experience required prior training - At least 1 cruise on a power boat. Suggested number of training hours - 8 hours theory / one-day practical.
- ISSA Offshore Power Yacht Skipper: Experience required prior training - 28 days at sea as skipper or watch leader in at least 2 voyages, at least in 2 sea areas. 40 hours theory / 2 days practical + 2 hours night navigation.
- ISSA VHF / SRC Radio: 7 hours theory / 1-hour exam practical
- DMCA Marine Driving License - 12 mtr: After successful completion of ISSA Inshore Power Boat Skipper course, you can apply for the license.
- DMCA Marine Driving License - 24 mtr: After successful completion of ISSA Inshore Power Yacht Skipper course, you can apply for the license.
- FTA Boat Driving License - Below 12 mtr: 1 day theory course
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 6, 2021