USCG Approved maritime Training Programs and STCW Courses in Key West FL
Established in 2013 and located in Key West FL, the Captain School Key West provides offers Coast Guard Approved Courses by USCG Approved Instructors. They offer STCW certification classes to meet International Certification needs of the professional mariners. Captain School Key is approved for online classes and provides Blended Learning Program along with Traditional Classroom Training, On-the-Water Training.
Captain School Key West also provides specialized professional training for Navy (Small Boat Teams), Army (Special Forces), FBI (Hostage Recovery Team), and many more. In addition, they also train recreational mariners in the art of navigation and self sufficiency including hands-on and classroom training revolving around a working marine environment.
Maritime Courses (USCG & STCW)
- 200 GT Masters Upgrade: USCG approved upgrade to Master/Mate 200GT course is for mariners holding a license as Master, Mate or OUPV. The mariner must be able to show 360 days while holding a license.
- Masters Upgrade 25/50/100 GT: The Masters license allows the transport of passengers on an inspected passenger vessel. These vessels must have a Certificate Of Inspection (COI) which states the number of passengers allowed and area of operation.
- OUPV (6pak): OUPV Inland allows operation of an uninspected vessel carrying up to six passengers on inland waters only. OUPV Near Coastal allows operation of an uninspected vessel carrying up to six passengers up to 100 miles offshore.Great Lakes Endorsement - if you have 90 days of your total sea time on the Great Lakes, you will be eligible for this endorsement.
- CPR / First Aid
- Crowd Management
- GMDSS Operator
- GMDSS Restricted Operator
- OUPV and Masters Upgrade Renewal
- Radio Operator License (MROP)
- Sailing Endorsement
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Towing Endorsement
Other Marine Courses
- Electricity for the boat owner
- Outboard Survival Skills
- Marine Engineering: Captain School Key West offers advanced training associated with Marine Engineering Technology such as: diesel systems, marine electrical systems, corrosion control systems, seamanship, advanced navigational techniques, marine system surveying, and outboard maintenance & troubleshooting, FRP craft repair techniques, large boat sailing, and auxiliary systems.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 30, 2018