US Coast Guard Approved Marine Training in Florida
Adams Marine Seminars offers Coast Guard-approved classes in convenient locations, providing a professional learning experience accommodating the students' needs. Adams Marine is one of the few schools offering Coast Guard approved courses with a reputation. The instructors are Coast Guard qualified and provide a professional learning experience.
Florida Training Locations: Clearwater, Cocoa, Cross City, Gainesville, Homosassa / CR River, Kissimmee, Land O' Lakes, Land O' Lakes, Miami, Mt. Dora / Eustis, New Port Richey, New Smyrna , Beach, Ocala, Palm Bay, Palmetto, Port Richey, Sanford, Sarasota, Spring Hill, St. Petersburg, Tarpon Springs, Tavares, and Titusville.
Georgia Training Location: Brunswick
South Carolina Training Location: Beaufort
USCG Approved Courses and Tests
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel / Near Coastal (6 Pack) (54.5 hours): This license has long been the most popular license issued by the Coast Guard. For carrying not more than 6 passengers, license good for 100 Miles offshore as well as any inland waters in the US.
- Upgrade - Master Near Coastal 100 Gross Tons (3 days): This course duration is 24 hours. Test immediately after the class and send certificate of passing to the Coast Guard for your license.
- STCW Familiarization Training: Before being assigned to shipboard duties, all persons employed or engaged on a seagoing ship other than passengers, shall receive approved familiarization training in personal survival techniques or receive sufficient information and instruction.
- Basic Training (5 days): Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship in the business of that ship as part of the ship's complement with designated safety and pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall, before being assigned to any shipboard duties.
- Towing Endorsement (4 hours): The Assistance Towing Endorsement is required if you will be towing a disabled vessel for payment. Any USCG captain's license of 200 gross tons or less, including an OUPV / Six pack Captain's License, may be endorsed for Assistance Towing.
- CPR/First Aid
- FCC License Exam
- Customized Marine Training
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 14, 2018