US Coast Guard Approved Maritime Training Programs for Professional Mariners and Entry Level Personnel in Jacksonville, Florida
Established in 1998, Bluewater Maritime School provides training to professionals in the maritime industry. The school is approved by the United States Coast Guard (USCG) and the courses are submitted to the Coast Guard for review to ensure they comply with the regulations and established requirements.. Bluewater Maritime School, Inc. is subject to regular and drop-in audits by the Coast Guard to ensure that instructional and instructor requirements are being adhered to by the school.
Bluewater Maritime School is approved for Veterans training under the Montgomery GI Bill. The school is also approved for veterans rehabilitation training. The Veterans Administration (VA) conducts regular audits of BMS to ensure compliance with requirements. Also the School is approved by the state of Florida for vocational rehabilitation training, and as a WorkSource educational facility for the maritime industry.
The Location in Jacksonville, Florida is convenient to all of the Southeastern United States. The School prides itself in a professional and comfortable approach and helps you further your career and become a true professional.
USCG Approved Courses
- Able Seaman (40 hours): This 44-hour course of instruction is designed to provide to the Able Seaman a training experience that combines formal classroom instruction with actual hands-on performance and demonstration. This training course will impress upon them the importance of identifying and using all available assets to ensure the safety of the crew, cargo and the vessel.
- Master 100 GRT (79 hours): The course is meant to meet the examination requirements of 46CFR10.205 (i). Subject matters to be covered are in accordance with CFR 46.10.910.
- Master 200 GRT Upgrade (24 hours): This course is designed to permit a student who already holds a Master License at the 100 Ton level to be upgraded to a Master of a Inspected Vessel of up to 200 Gross Registered Tons upon successful completion of the course.
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (6-Pack): The goal and learning objective is to ensure the Student, upon successful completion of the course, will be able to operate an Uninspected Passenger Vessel.
- OUPV to 100 GRT upgrade (22 hours): This course is designed to permit a student who already holds an OUPV License to be upgraded to a Master of a Inspected Vessel of up to 100 Gross Registered Tons upon successful completion of the course. The course is designed present the difference data for licensing requirements between an OUPV license and a Master 100 ton.
- Rating Forming Part of the Navigational Watch (RFPNW) (40 hours): Successful completion of this course satisfies the training and assessments requirements of 46 CFR 12.605(a)(ii) and Table A-LL/4 of the STCW Code, as amended in the 2010 Specification of Minimium Standard of Competence for Ratings Forming Part of a Navigational Watch.
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD): This Coast Guard approved course fulfills the requirements outlined in CFR Subpart D of Part 10, Title 46 for seafarers who are designated to perform security duties.
Other USCG Approved Courses
- Mariners Package (AB, BST and PSC)
- Advanced Firefighting
- Basic Firefighting
- Basic Safety Training Refresher
- Basic Safety Training Revalidation (16 hours)
- Basic Safety Training- STCW (40 hours)
- Commercial Assistance Towing (4.5 hours)
- First Aid/CPR
- Leadership and Managerial Skills (40 hours)
- Maritime Security Awareness (MSA) (4 hours)
- Ordinary Seaman w/ STCW BST
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Unlimited (Lifeboatman)- STCW 9(32 hours)
- Radar Observer Recertification
- Radar Observer (Unlimited) (40 hours)
- Train the Trainer (Bluems-597)
- Visual Communications (Flashing Light)
- Vessel Security Officer (VSO)
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 22, 2018