STCW and USCG Approved Training programs for the Professional Mariners in Panama City FL
Located at Panama City FL, Maritime Institute of Technology provides United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved maritime training programs for the new aspirants as well as professional mariners in Florida area and throughout the country. Apart from the training courses, Maritime Institute of Technology also helps students in submission of the application for license, certification and endorsements to the USCG.
They also provide training for the STCW certification in accordance with the USCG rules and regulations. The programs run throughout the year and the institute also conducts bespoke classes for individuals and organizations.
USCG & STCW Training
- Able Seaman/Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) (5 days): The Able Seaman (AB) course is the starting point for all higher level certificates. The PSC course provides the knowledge, understanding, and proficiency required to take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launching as outlined in the STCW code.
- Celestial Navigation (10 days): This course provides training in celestial navigation techniques and is intended for individuals who wish to obtain an “Upon Oceans” endorsement on their U.S. Coast Guard License or satisfy the course requirement for OICNW.
- Visual Communication (Flashing Light) (1 day): This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Table A-II/1 as amended for the function visual signaling and English language at the Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch (OICNW).
- STCW Basic Safety Training Original (5 days)
- Leadership & Team Working Skills (1 day)
- Leadership & Managerial Skills (4 days)
- Radar Renewal (1 day)
- STCW Basic Safety Training Refresher (3 days)
- SCTW Basic Safety Training Revalidation (2 days)
Other USCG Courses
- OUPV - Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (7 days): The OUPV/Six-pack Captain's License is required for those wishing to offer fishing and sailing charters, drive a dive boat, or run sightseeing tours.
- TOAR - Towing Operator Assessment Record (3 days): The Towing Officers Assessment Records (TOAR) is a document that lists tasks to be performed or explained (as appropriate), in the presence of a designated examiner.
- Upgrade - OUPV to Master 100 Gross Ton (3 days)
- Upgrade - Master 100 Ton to Master 200 Gross Ton (3 days)
- Exam Prep For 500 / 1600 / 3rd Mate (15 days)
- Coast Guard Application Submission
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 26, 2018