Translate to Your Language
Shipping Management, Finance, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management Programs at ACG and ALBA in Athens, Greece
Founded in 1875 and located at Athens Greece, the American College of Greece (ACG) also known as Deree, is the oldest American accredited college in Europe and the largest private college in Greece. ACG is an independent, not for profit, nonsectarian, co-educational academic institution. ACG is accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) its degree is recognized worldwide as equivalent to those provided by American universities.
Founded in 1992, ALBA Graduate Business School is a joint initiative of the Federation of Greek Industries, the leading Employers' Union in Greece, the Hellenic Management Association, and Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry. ALBA Graduate Business School and The American College of Greece (ACG) have formed a strategic alliance aiming to create a top international educational institution in Greece. ALBA is accredited by AMBA and EFMD/EPAS.
The ACG and ALBA collaboration forms one of the largest and certainly the most influential alumni community in Greece, numbering some 37,000 highly qualified individuals who are active in thousands of businesses and organizations, as well as in academia and public affairs, many of them in leadership positions, in Greece and abroad.
Undergraduate Programs at ACG
- BSc (Hons) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (4 years): The Logistics and Supply Chain Management program is intended to produce graduates who are equipped with both expertise and comprehensive competencies in logistics and supply chain management enabling them to address pressing issues in all kinds of organizations, whether service or manufacturing, profit or not-for-profit, domestic or global, large corporate enterprises or entrepreneurial ventures. The students can complete a dual degree - a US degree together with an Open University validated award (a UK degree) in just four years.
- BSc (Hons) in Shipping Management (4 years): The BSc (Hons) Shipping Management is intended for students interested in gaining comprehensive insight into shipping management and the shipping industry. The program offers students a solid foundation and in-depth understanding of the shipping sector. The program in Shipping Management combines academic knowledge with market practices, preparing students for a prominent career in this challenging industry.
Graduate Programs at ALBA
- MBA in Shipping (1 year full-time, 2 year part-time): The MBA in Shipping Program prepares aspiring and seasoned shipping professionals for a future full of challenges in the shipping industry. The program, designed in collaboration with the Greek shipping community, provides significant networking opportunities along with a challenging and unique educational experience delivered by world-renowned academics and distinguished industry practitioners in the field. Apart from specialized shipping courses and workshops, the MBA in Shipping program invests heavily in leadership and strategic management competencies, which are particularly relevant both as personal advantages and as essential resources for companies in this sector.
- MSc in Shipping Management (1 year full-time, 2 year part-time): The MSc in Shipping Management program is designed to transform young graduates and early career professionals into seasoned professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly competitive world of shipping. This is a specialized program and provides students with a holistic and in depth knowledge of the most important issues in modern commercial shipping.
- MSc in International Shipping and Finance (1 year): This 10/12 month program seeks to address the needs of the rapidly evolving, highly competitive and capital-intensive shipping industry by bringing the gap between academic theory and business practice. Those needs have led to increase demand from ship-owning and transportation companies, ship broking firms, shipping divisions of investment funds, among others of personnel with shipping specific, practical financial management skills and knowledge. It is delivered by the ICMA Centre at Henley Business School, University of Reading, in the UK and ALBA Graduate Business School in Greece.