Translate to Your Language
Shipping and Maritime Business Studies Education & Online Programs in Athens
Business College of Athens (BCA) was founded in 1971 and was the first educational organization that dealt exclusively with business studies. Expressing a new perception for its time, it was the first in Greece to offer Marketing, Shipping and Advertising programs. Since its inception, it has applied educational programs and teaching methods according to the standards of large universities abroad, offering an international studies character and the ability for post graduate studies abroad.
Also BCA through its partnership with the Plymouth University is expanding its educational and scientific work, through the conduction of studies and research in various sectors of business activity. BCA conducts maritime & shipping programs at the undergraduate and masters level.
- BSc (Hons) Shipping (3 years): The program is designed for those who seek a career in the various sectors of the shipping business industry, such as ship owning companies, ship management companies, ship brokering companies, other companies offering services in the shipping industry and other maritime related organisations. Students acquire solid knowledge and skills, in order to have a successful career in the shipping sector they will engage.
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business (Top-up, 1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time): The course is designed for mature students with a professional experience that seek an in-depth education and knowledge development on the fast developing global shipping sector. It combines a thorough understanding of the theoretical concepts of business along with shipping case studies and practical applications.
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies (Top-up, 1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time): The BSc Maritime Studies is designed carefully to support students in their effort to boost their career in shipping business organisations. The course is designed for mature students with a professional experience that seek an in-depth education and knowledge development focusing on the global shipping sector. The course also seeks to prepare students for further academic studies (e.g. MBA, MSc).
- MSc Shipping Business (1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time): The MSc Shipping Business of the graduate department of BCA is tailored to the requirements of the shipping industry for executives with high academic background and practical knowledge of the subjects they are to apply in the workplace. The goal of the programme is to enable our graduates to respond directly to the demands of the shipping companies and supportive businesses.
- MSc Shipping (e-Learning): The MSc in Shipping is designed to be flexible in the choice of option subjects, and being offered on a distance learning pattern of attendance, is of specific interest to international students and professionals with a busy schedule. The course is designed for graduates and professionals who seek an in-depth education and knowledge development in the traditional, yet developing maritime sector, but cannot attend regular taught classes.