Class NKK Approved ISPS and STCW Security Training, and ISM Courses in Piraeus, Greece
Based in Piraeus in Greece, Solutions for Quality-Environmental and Shipping Safety (SQSS) has been established to provide solutions for certification of ISO 9001 management systems by ESYD National Accreditation System, support environmental requirements for land and sea, and support ship-owners / ship managers and operators for requirements of IMO, STCW, Flag Administrations and Maritime Law.
The SQSS Training Institute, certified according to ISO 9001:2008 by BUREAU VERITAS, provides high standard security training covering all latest requirements of the SΤCW Code and IMO Model Courses. It is an approved Security Training Courses by NKK. SQSS Training Institute is the only one approved for CSO course by NKK Class in Europe.
SQSS Training Institute is also approved by the Republic of Marshall Islands for providing security training courses.
Survival Training Courses
ISPS & STCW Courses
- Ship Security Officer (SSO - Class NKK Approved): Upon successful completion of this course participants should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of Ship Security Officer, as defined in the ISPS Code (section A/2.1.6 & section A/12) and in section A-VI/5 of the STCW Code.
- Company Security Officer (CSO - Class NKK Approved): This course aims to provide knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Company Security Officer as defined in paragraphs 2.1.7 & 1 of the ISPS Code.
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO): Upon successful completion of this course participants should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Port Facility Security Officer, as defined in section A/17.2 of the ISPS Code.
- Security Awareness Training For All Seafarers (Class NKK Approved): This course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
- Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties (Class NKK Approved): This course is intended to provide the knowledge required for seafarers with designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Code.
- ISM Code Awareness: This course is designed for all personnel involved in the implementation of the ISM Code and for those who wish to enhance their knowledge on ISM Code.
- ISM Code Awareness - Implementation: This course is designed for personnel of Shipping Companies, involved in the development and implementation of the Safety Management Systems, Top Management of shipping companies and Deck and Engine.
- ISM Code Internal Auditor: This course is designed for ship and shore-based personnel who require an understanding of the ISM Code for auditing purposes.
- ISPS Auditing: This course which is a combined ISPS familiarization and security audit course is designed for those interested in understanding, developing and auditing security management processes and performing internal audits.
- Designated Person Ashore: This course is addressed to DPAs, assistant DPAs, personnel whose duties involve matters of safety and pollution prevention.
- Designated Person Ashore & Legal Implications: The course provides additional skills to professionals acting or getting prepared to act the role of the DPA (Designated Person Ashore) in line with the ISM COE and daily operations between office and vessel.