Translate to Your Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education at Curtin Singapore with Study Abroad Options
Founded in 1968, Curtin University is an Western Australia's largest university with its main campus in Perth, Western Australia. With over 40,000 students and 6,000 employees, Curtin University is a highly research intensive institution and a member of Australian Technology Network (ATN Network). The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in business, humanities, health sciences, resources, engineering and related sciences.
Curtin has close links with corporate business, industry, government and the community and the courses have a strong practical focus, with most involving vocational or work experience components. As a result, Curtin graduates are job-ready and prepared, with skills that enable them to make a genuine and positive influence in a continuously changing world.
Curtin has been delivering its programs in Singapore since 1986. The state of the art S million Singapore campus located in the heart of Singapore city offers Curtin students a conducive and safe study environment. Curtin Singapore gives students access to a flexible, superb education in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. Students at Curtin Singapore enjoy first-class facilities, highly qualified staff, innovative teaching methods, as well as close links with industry practitioners.
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with Logistics and Supply Chain Management Major: This major will equip you to oversee critical aspects of the supply chain and prepare you for employment in a variety of administrative or managerial roles in organisations operating in transport, purchasing, supply chain management, contract distribution, manufacturing, retailing, oil, gas and resources. The program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- Master of Supply Chain Management: This course is designed for students who are interested in significantly advancing their career in the area of logistics and supply chain management. Students will develop a deep understanding of enterprise logistics and supply chain management including: global distribution and transportation, materials management, strategic logistics and operations management, global business, and the role of information technology in facilitating logistics and supply chain management. The program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and graduates may be eligible for full membership status with 3 years working experience. Graduates are also eligible to apply for graduate membership of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Association of Australia (LAA).
Study Abroad Program
- Study Abroad program offer international students the exciting opportunity to undertake some studies in Singapore for credit towards your home degree. By opening yourself up to the world, the world will open up for you. The experiences and qualifications you will gain at Curtin will give your home degree a global edge and equip you with the skills you need to make your tomorrow better. Curtin Singapore invites you to experience what may be the most rewarding educational experience of your life.
- You may choose from a wide range of subjects at Curtin Singapore, which can be completed over 1 or 2 trimesters (4 or 8 months) except that you will pay your tuition fees to Curtin Singapore instead of your home university.
- You don’t need to be a student of a partner institution, but you must be studying at a recognised education institution abroad to be eligible. You can choose the subjects offered at Curtin Singapore and credit to your home degree as long as your home institution recognises your subject selections.
- Most Curtin units are valued at 25 credit points and as a Study Abroad student, you are required to enrol 100 credit points per trimester.
- European students - 100 Curtin credit points are equivalent to 30 European Credit Transfer Scheme points (ECTS). The average 25 credit point Curtin unit is equivalent to 7.5 ECTS.
Curtin Business School (Perth, Australia) is one of the most comprehensive business teaching facilities in Australia, earning an international reputation as a practical, innovative business school that has consistently educated and developed professionals for the global business community. The school's academic standards are high and all programs carry full academic status. External specialists appointed by Curtin regularly review all programs ensuring their quality as well as national and international recognition.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management programs at Curtin's Perth Campus:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) with Logistics and Supply Chain Management Major (3 years)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) with Business Information Systems and Logistics and Supply Chain Management Double Major (3 years)
- Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management - 6 months (Also Online)
- Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management - 1 year (Also Online)
- Master of Logistics (18 months)
- Master of Commerce (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) – 2 years
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 7, 2017