Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement and International Trade Programs & Courses in Singapore
Established in 2005, Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) - formerly SIM University (UniSIM) - is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education and transforming society through social sciences. SUSS develop work-ready graduates and work-adaptive alumni to their fullest potential.
SUSS offers about 80 undergraduate and graduate programs, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
The programs and courses are offered by five schools - School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences, School of Business, S R Nathan School of Human Development, School of Law, and School of Science and Technology.
With over 30,000 graduates who have experienced the unique brand of education, and each year, over 15,000 students are pursuing their full- and part-time studies with SUSS. The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), as part of SUSS, leads in the field of research on adult learning to build capabilities of the training and adult education sector.
Academic & Training Programs
- BSc (Hons) Supply Chain Management with Minor (Full time, 4 years): The Common Curriculum courses are first-year courses designed to hone students’ conceptual and writing abilities along with their communication skills. Students are also required to complete a 24-week work attachment, an overseas experience and a community engagement. Singapore University of Social Sciences aims to produce graduates who are professionally competent, social-minded and self-directed learners. Graduates can look forward to promising careers in areas such as supply chain planning, logistics and transport, inventory and warehousing, port/airport management, trade and pricing, and procurement.
- BSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Part time): The Logistics and Supply Chain Management program aims to develop professionals with the relevant knowledge and skill sets to meet the needs of the industry. Partnering with the Singapore Logistics Association (SLA), the curriculum is designed with a blend of theory and industry practice that will equip students with the means to support the effective management of globalised supply chains operating in increasingly challenging environments.
International Trade CET Courses
- Trade Finance (6 months): Trade Finance provides an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of finance and helps foster understanding of the relationship between finance and international trade.
- Trade Regulations and Compliance (6 months): Trade Regulations and Compliance examines how international trade activities are regulated, elements and implications of governance bodies and trade agreements, international rights and obligations as well as dispute resolution.
- International Trade Management (6 months): International Trade Management explores the scope and nature of international trade, providing students with a good foundation in trade and logistics, with a global focus to help them appreciate the international trade industry.
- Trade Operations (6 months): Trade Operations is designed to provide students with the knowledge of and skills on how to conduct cross-border transactions. The course prepares students for the Export/Import Certificate (EIC) offered by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Academy.
Procurement CET Courses
- Procurement Operations (6 months): Procurement Operations covers fundamental topics in the handling of daily procurement transactions, which include administration of orders, deliveries, logistics and complaints.
- Procurement Strategy and Policy (6 months): This course aims to enable students to develop procurement strategy and policy for the organization in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 11, 2021