Translate to Your Language
Maritime Studies and, Supply Chain & Logistics Education at NTU Singapore
Founded in 1955, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering and one of the two largest public universities with the biggest campus in Singapore. NTU has four colleges with 12 schools, and four autonomous entities, the National Institute of Education, Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering.
NTU provides a high-quality global education to more than 33,500 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The student body includes top scholars and international Olympiad medalists from the region and beyond. Hailing from more than 70 countries, the university's 3,300-strong teaching and research staff bring dynamic international perspectives and years of solid industry experience.
In the QS World University Rankings 2011, NTU is ranked 58th in the. This makes NTU one of the fastest-rising universities in the top 100 of the 2011 QS World University Rankings, as well as the fastest-rising Asian university. In July 2011, NTU became the first university in Asia to be rated 5-stars under the new QS Stars rating system.
NTU has multi-national programs and initiatives with institutions worldwide and contributes to the global academic enterprise as a member of the ASEAN University Network, Association of Commonwealth Universities, Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and World Educational Research Association.
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies: The program focuses primarily on tertiary education in shipping, business, management, and maritime science and technology, to build up the expertise of the local shipping industry as well as working towards establishing Singapore as a centre of excellence for shipping business, research and development.
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies with Business Major: This program is offered jointly by the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School. Maritime Studies programs are conducted jointly by NTU and the Norwegian School of Management (BI), Norway, and leads to the award of the Maritime Studies BSc degrees by NTU. An internship to the maritime industry as well as field visits supplements the learning experience is also part of the program.
- MSc in Maritime Studies: This MSc program is developed to fill the gap and provide post-graduate level and high-value education for professionals in maritime and related business. The foremost intention is to provide young graduates and middle-management executives working in maritime related areas an avenue for higher education. The program will also be suitable for graduates who wish to be involved in the maritime profession. The education would provide them with necessary knowledge and tools to form the next generation of shipping executives. The program is conducted jointly by NTU and the Norwegian School of Management (BI) and leads to the award of the MSc (Maritime Studies) degree by NTU. Master of Science in Maritime Studies has been selected as a qualifying course for the SkillsFuture Study Awards for Maritime Sector. Singaporean applicants of who are self-sponsored are allowed to apply for the Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) provided that they have a letter of support from their maritime-related company in the Marine Engineering sector.
- MSc in Supply Chain & Logistics: The logistics industry is one of the key service sectors critical to the development of Singapore into the Global City of International Trade. The logistics sector is an important infrastructure supporting Singapore's trade and manufacturing activities. This M.Sc. program aims to address the needs of both the manufacturing and service sectors with an integrated and comprehensive program in Engineering Logistics.
NTU SINGAPORE Features
NTU’s College of Engineering is the world’s largest engineering college and has six schools focused on technology and innovation and a research output among the top four in the world. The Nanyang Business School is the first and only Singapore business school to be ranked in the top 27 of the Financial Times Global MBA 2010 rankings. It is also one of only three in Asia to be awarded both the EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditations - international hallmarks of quality.
- Campus: NTU's main 490 acre garden campus - housing Singapore's largest on-campus residence infrastructure including 16 halls of residence for undergraduates and a graduate hall - is located in the southwestern part of Singapore and was the Youth Olympic Village of the inaugural Youth Olympic Games.
- Accreditation: NTU is a public university in Singapore and many of its programs are accredited by professional bodies such as AACSB, Engineering Accreditation Board etc.
- Attachment & Internship: The Career and Attachment Office (CAO) sources for placements for the 22-week Industrial Attachment. Placements for Industrial Orientation (IO), Enhanced Industrial Attachment (EIA) & International Research Attachment (IRA) will be sourced by the students or the Schools.
- [email protected]: [email protected] is the focal point that connects the NTU students, its alumni and the employers through a variety of services and events. Through [email protected], NTU hopes to enhance the career management and job search skills of its students and alumni to enable them to make informed career decisions.
- Summer Research Internship (SRI) Program: The Program is a university wide Research Program initiated to stimulate a culture of research for the overseas undergraduates. Participants for this program will develop research interest, strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence; gain a network of friends and a better understanding of the nation.
- Overseas Attachment & Internship: Interested organizations can arrange for NTU students to be attached to their overseas operations for the whole or part of the attachment period. They can also accept students from foreign universities for attachment in Singapore under the Reciprocal Exchange Programs. By doing so, foreign universities will reciprocate by placing more NTU students overseas.
- Housing: NTU offers students wide ranging accommodation options according to your specific requirements including 16 halls of residence for undergraduates and a graduate hall.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 7, 2017