Maritime Studies Programs with Business and International Trading Specializations at NTU School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Singapore
Founded in 1955, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering and one of the two largest public universities with the biggest campus in Singapore. NTU has four colleges with 12 schools, and four autonomous entities, the National Institute of Education, Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering.
NTU provides a high-quality global education to more than 33,500 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The student body includes top scholars and international Olympiad medalists from the region and beyond. Hailing from more than 70 countries, the university's 3,300-strong teaching and research staff bring dynamic international perspectives and years of solid industry experience.
In the QS World University Rankings 2011, NTU is ranked 58th in the. This makes NTU one of the fastest-rising universities in the top 100 of the 2011 QS World University Rankings, as well as the fastest-rising Asian university. In July 2011, NTU became the first university in Asia to be rated 5-stars under the new QS Stars rating system.
NTU has multi-national programs and initiatives with institutions worldwide and contributes to the global academic enterprise as a member of the ASEAN University Network, Association of Commonwealth Universities, Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and World Educational Research Association.
Undergraduate Programs (CEE)
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies: The program focuses primarily on tertiary education in shipping, business, management, and maritime science and technology, to build up the expertise of the local shipping industry as well as working towards establishing Singapore as a centre of excellence for shipping business, research and development.The curriculum also includes Professional Internship where students will be attached to organisations in shipping and related industries.
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Studies with Business Major: This program is offered jointly by the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School. The program focuses on Maritime and Business Management.
- BSc (Hons) in Maritime Studies with Specialisation in International Trading: This program will allow graduates to enhance competitive advantage for career opportunities in the Industries of International Trading.
- BSc (Hons) in Maritime Studies with a Second Major in Business (International Trading) (MSB-IT): The program focuses on maritime and business managegement with emphasis on international trading.
Masters Programs (CEE)
- MSc in Maritime Studies:This MSc program is developed to fill the gap and provide post-graduate level and high-value education for professionals in maritime and related business; elevating them from local business management to one of the international and global business settings. The program will also be suitable for graduates who wish to be involved in the maritime profession. The education would provide them with necessary knowledge and tools to form the next generation of shipping executives.This program has been presented the Excellence in Training Development award at the Singapore International Maritime Awards (IMA) 2009. NTU is honoured in recognition for its outstanding contribution to Singapore’s maritime education landscape.
NTU Singapore Features
NTU’s College of Engineering is the world’s largest engineering college and has six schools focused on technology and innovation and a research output among the top four in the world. The Nanyang Business School is the first and only Singapore business school to be ranked in the top 27 of the Financial Times Global MBA 2010 rankings. It is also one of only three in Asia to be awarded both the EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditations - international hallmarks of quality.
- Campus: NTU's main 490 acre garden campus - housing Singapore's largest on-campus residence infrastructure including 16 halls of residence for undergraduates and a graduate hall - is located in the southwestern part of Singapore and was the Youth Olympic Village of the inaugural Youth Olympic Games.
- Accreditation: NTU is a public university in Singapore and many of its programs are accredited by professional bodies such as AACSB, Engineering Accreditation Board etc.
- Attachment & Internship: The Career and Attachment Office (CAO) sources for placements for the 22-week Industrial Attachment. Placements for Industrial Orientation (IO), Enhanced Industrial Attachment (EIA) & International Research Attachment (IRA) will be sourced by the students or the Schools.
- [email protected]: [email protected] is the focal point that connects the NTU students, its alumni and the employers through a variety of services and events. Through [email protected], NTU hopes to enhance the career management and job search skills of its students and alumni to enable them to make informed career decisions.
- Summer Research Internship (SRI) Program: The Program is a university wide Research Program initiated to stimulate a culture of research for the overseas undergraduates. Participants for this program will develop research interest, strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence; gain a network of friends and a better understanding of the nation.
- Overseas Attachment & Internship: Interested organizations can arrange for NTU students to be attached to their overseas operations for the whole or part of the attachment period. They can also accept students from foreign universities for attachment in Singapore under the Reciprocal Exchange Programs. By doing so, foreign universities will reciprocate by placing more NTU students overseas.
- Housing: NTU offers students wide ranging accommodation options according to your specific requirements including 16 halls of residence for undergraduates and a graduate hall.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 16, 2018