Translate to Your Language
SkillsFuture Credit Approved Marine & Offshore Engineering and Technology & Logistics NITEC and Traineeship at ITE Singapore
Established in 1992, The Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Singapore is a post-secondary education vocational institution and provides career and technical education, and principal authority in developing national occupational skills certi¬fication and standards to enhance Singapore's workforce competitiveness. ITE consists of three colleges – ITE College East, ITE College West and ITE College Central.
As a post-secondary institution, ITE admits students who have completed secondary education into its full-time ITE Education and Traineeship courses.ITE also offers a wide range of part-time CET Higher National ITE Certificate (Higher Nitec), National ITE Certificate (Nitec) and ITE Skills Certificate (ISC) courses to cater to the upgrading needs of the workforce. CET Higher Nitec, Nitec and ISC Courses are SkillsFuture Credit approved courses.
ITE College East is located in the eastern part of Singapore in the estate of Simei and covers Nursing, the Life Sciences and Logistics Management. ITE College West offers 42 courses under the Schools of Business & Services, Electronics & Info-Comm Technology, Engineering and Hospitality. The comprehensive ITE College Central campus is co-located with ITE Headquarters and occupies a land area of 10.6 hectares, comprising of a wide variety of learning and recreational facilities, including a Centre for Music & the Arts, a sports & recreation hub to name a few.
Full-Time Higher Nitech Programs
- Higher Nitec in Logistics for International Trade (2 years - ITE College East): In this course, you will learn how to handle document, shipment planning and management, and warehouse operations in international trade. The graduates, equipped with the knowledge and skills in integrated logistics management, are employed by logistics companies. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Assistant.
- Higher Nitec in Marine & Offshore Technology (2 years - ITE College West): You will learn how to provide technical support and supervise fabrication, repair and refurbishment activities of all types of vessels and offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry. The graduates are employed by shipyards, and other supporting companies which provide services relating to repair, fabrication, refurbishment activities of all types of vessels, offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry.
- Higher Nitec in Marine Engineering (2 years - ITE College Central): Learn how to inspect ship systems and machinery components, design and fabricate jigs and fixtures, align marine machinery and maintain marine control circuits. This course provides students with a broad-based skills and knowledge to perform defect diagnosis of marine systems, assist in executing, commissioning and testing activities, calibration and instrumentation work, quality control and assurance and inspection of ship systems and machinery components.
- Higher Nitec in Maritime Business (2 years - ITE College Central): This course will teach you the skills and knowledge to coordinate vessel movement and operations, liaise with suppliers, agents and customers and arrange for cargo transhipments. You will also learn about shipping and cargo operations, shipping documentation and administration, ship agency and crew management. The graduates are employed by companies involved in marine business such as in shipping & port operations, cargo operations, ship agency and management services.
- Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design (2 years - ITE College Central): You will learn to design and prepare working drawings for offshore and marine structures, accommodation facilities, and marine electrical and control systems. The graduates are employed by shipyards and other supporting companies which design and provide services on the repair, fabrication, refurbishment of all types of vessels, offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry.
- Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology (2 years - ITE Approved Training Centers): Learn to operate, troubleshoot and service electrical installations, electrical control circuits, electrical equipment and marine auxiliary systems on board ships. Graduates of this course can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Technical Associates.
- Nitec in Marine Technology (2 years - ITE Approved Training Centers): Gain knowledge on interpreting engineering drawings, disassembling and examining faulty machinery and equipment, conducting diagnostic testing, and reconditioning or repairing parts in machinery and components.
Part-Time Higher Nitec Programs
- Higher Nitec in Services - Logistics for International Trade (Two evenings a week - ITE College East)
- Higher Nitec in Technology - Marine & Offshore Technology (Two evenings a week - ITE College Central)
- Higher Nitec in Technology - Offshore & Marine Engineering Design (Two evenings a week - ITE College Central)
- The CET Higher Nitec/Nitec/ISC part-time courses are offered in modules to allow working adults the flexibility to choose modules according to their needs. Each module can be completed in 6 months under the regular part-time course.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 09, 2017