Translate to Your Language
Port Operations, Management, Safety and WSQ Logistics Courses in Singapore
Established in 1962, PSA Institute is a training organization offering Port and Terminal programs for skilled professionals focusing on Singapore which is the largest transhipment hub port in the world. PSA Institute develops its own training materials, videos and training aids ensuring that they are relevant in the local context and tightly integrated to the overall syllabus.
PSA Institute features a series of logistics and warehousing courses under the WSQ Generic Manufacturing - Logistics framework; range of port management courses, from operations to maintenance of port equipment to human resource and training; a range of courses on conventional port operations and vessel berthing/unberthing operations; approved Rigger/Signalman as well as the Lifting Supervisor Safety courses; and a wide range of safety-related courses.
WSQ Logistics Courses
- Perform Delivery Operations (2 days): Provides participants with knowledge of the operations of a delivery assistant which include preparing for delivery operations, loading and unloading products as well as interpreting and executing the delivery schedule.
- WSQ Apply 5S Techniques (2 days): Provides participants knowledge and application skills in applying 5S in their workplace such as housekeeping rules, self-discipline and standards in maintenance of a clean and tidy work area/ environment.
- WSQ Apply Quality System (2 days): Provides participants with the knowledge and application skills to plan and carry out daily work to meet quality system requirements as well as maintaining and improving work quality and standards.
- WSQ Apply Teamwork in the Workplace (2 days): Provides participants the skills and knowledge in applying teamwork at the work place as they understand the organization’s structure, goal and how to achieve corporate and group objectives as a team.
- WSQ Perform Stock Control and Housekeeping Operations (2 days): For personnel who are already working or wishing to enter the logistics industry with additional skills and knowledge above the basic skills required to perform warehouse operations.
- WSQ Perform Warehouse Operations (2 days): Equips participants the knowledge of the operations of a warehouse assistant which include receiving incoming products, picking and staging products as well as packs products to meet customer and organizational requirements.
Port Management Courses
- Effective Training of Port Workers (5 days): Provides participants with knowledge on developing effective training programs / interventions to meet the needs of port industry workers.
- Management of a Conventional Terminal (4 days): The course is designed for middle management officers who are interested in gaining an overview of key issues in the running and management of a conventional terminal.
- Port Equipment Management (5 days): Participants will be provided with an insight into PSA Corporation’s experience in managing its fleet of port equipment for seamless and highly efficient port operations.
- Port Management and Operations (10 days): Provides participants with an insight into PSA Corporation's experience in change management, operations and administration systems.
- Safety Management in the Port (5 days): The course is designed for middle management officers who are interested in gaining an overview of safety management in a container port environment.
Port Operations Courses
- Cargo Handling Skills for Conventional Operations (3 days): At the end of the course, participants will be equipped with the required knowledge and skills to handle cargo safely and efficiently.
- Cargo Handling Supervision (2 days): At the end of the course, participants will be equipped with the required knowledge and skills to supervise break-bulk cargo operations in the Port.
- Essentials of Container Lashing Ops (3 days): Upon the successful completion of the course, participants will acquire the knowledge and skills in container lashing operations and plugging/unplugging of reefer containers.
- Vessel Berthing / Unberthing Operations (7 hours): At the end of the course, participants would be equipped with the knowledge and skills to supervise vessel berthing/unberthing operations
Rigger and Signalman Courses
- Perform Rigger and Signalman Tasks (2.5 days)
- Supervise Safe Lifting Operations (4 days)
Safety & Work At Height (WAH) Courses
- Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan (2 days)
- Developmental Safety (1 day)
- Haulier’s Defensive Driving (1 day)
- Hazmat Transport Driver Permit (HTDP) (1 day)
- Perform Safe Prime Mover Driving and Haulage Operations in the Port (2 days)