Logistics, Supply Chain Management and International Trade Programs and Courses at SP Pace Academy
Established in 1954, Singapore Polytechnic (SP) is the first polytechnic established in Singapore to train technologists and professionals to support the industrialization and economic development of Singapore. Singapore Polytechnic offers 50 full-time diploma courses and a wide range of continuing education programs. It has ten academic schools and one academic department.
SP has an enrolment of over 18,000 full-time and part-time students, about 8% of whom are from countries in the region, are pursuing a total of 80 diploma and post-diploma courses in the Schools of Architecture and the Built Environment; Business; Chemical and Life Sciences; Communication, Arts and Social Sciences; Design; Digital Media and Infocomm Technology; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering; and the Singapore Maritime Academy.
The Professional & Adult Continuing Education Academy or PACE Academy offers formalized certifiable courses leading to more than 40 Part-Time Diplomas and Post-Diplomas such as Work-Study Programs (WSP) and Professional Conversion Programs (PCPs) in addition to the many short but targeted skills training courses
Working closely with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Workforce Singapore (WSG), associations and unions for outreach to all potential learners, PACE facilitates funding support through the partner agencies like SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Maritime Port Authority (MPA) and Employability and Employment Institute (e2i) to ensure our courses and programs are affordable.
Logistics & Supply Chain Programs
- Diploma (Conversion) in Supply Chain Management and Innovation (Part time, 1 year): This course aims to equip students with not only the foundational knowledge and skills, but also elements of innovation in logistics and supply chain management, so that they can be effective in meeting new demands and challenges of the marketplace. This course is specially designed for non-supply chain graduates who wish to acquire logistics and supply chain skills.
- WSQ Diploma in Logistics (Freight Management) (Part time, 1 year): This course aims to train participants for logistics industry. The curriculum is designed with a good blending of theory and industry practice for effective roles as Buyer, Material Planner, Distribution and Freight Forwarders, Warehouse Management Coordinators or Supervisor, Project Planners and Co-coordinators.
- WSQ Diploma in Logistics (Warehouse Management) (Part time, 1 year): The course aims to provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of the functions and activities in warehouse and inventory management. It covers costing, technology, process, layout, materials handling systems and manpower aspects of managing a warehouse to support manufacturing or distribution. The course takes on an interactive, hands-on approach to learning with an emphasis on analysis using Excel and presentation skills.
International Trade Courses
- Import/Export Contract and International Trade Practices (14 hours / 2 days): This course will develop and extend your knowledge of the contractual terms in details and how to apply them in a practical manner. You will learn how to use the terms to your advantage. You will also understand the rights and obligations of the buyer and seller.
- Import/Export Practices and Effective Uses of Letter of Credit (14 hours / 2 days): This seminar is designed to give participants an overview and an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the operations of the Letter of Credit and International Trade financing.
- Import/Export Business and International Trade (14 hours / 2 days): This workshop enables participants to understand the proper procedures in doing import / export and to equip the participants with the necessary skills in doing international trade.
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 11, 2021