TUM Germany Masters Degree Program in Rail, Transport and Logistics International Education in Singapore
Technical University of Munich Asia (TUM Asia - Formerly German Institute of Science and Technology) commenced operations in Singapore in 2002 as an affiliate of the Technische Universität München (TUM). As the first German academic venture abroad TUM Asia is supported by the Singapore Government through the Economic Development Board (EDB), and by the German Government through the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Through its groundbreaking collaboration with Singapore's two leading universities, TUM, Germany has pioneered globalization of German universities with the presence of TUM Asia in partnership with National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
TUM Asia is active in the management of postgraduate education, executive training and contract research. Through joint programs with NUS and NTU, TUM Asia bridges academic education, industry and research to qualify young professionals for technology oriented leadership roles in a competitive global economy. TUM Asia combines the business, scientific and technical expertise from the East to the West to offer its students a unique experience that carries them successfully across geographical and cultural barriers.
Masters Degree Program
- Master of Science in Rail, Transport and Logistics (RTL) (2 years): The student will learn how to analyze and assess the various traffic scenarios of the different transport modes and how to find appropriate solutions. Students will learn how to design and operate modern transport systems including integrated inter-modal management systems.
- Students are able to choose from 3 different specializations - Railway, Transport and Logistics in this Masters program. The 2-year full-time program aims to develop students into professionals in the dynamically growing market of railway, transport and logistics. Upon the successful completion of the program, the student will be awarded a Masters degree from TUM.
- The graduates in Rail, Transport and Logistics are employed all over the world, with a majority in Singapore, China and Europe. The most commonly accepted positions are Transportation Engineer, Supply Chain Consultant, Business Analyst, Operations Executive, Logistics Specialist, Procurement Analyst, Applications Engineer, or Customer Service Management.
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Transport Engineering (list is not exhaustive)
- Bachelor Degree certificate or enrolment letter (if you have not completed your Bachelor Degree)
- Academic transcripts or mark sheets
- Statement of Purpose indicating the reason(s) you are interested in this program
- Curriculum Vitae / Résumé
- TOEFL test score (≥88 for Internet-based test, DI code: 7368) or IELTS test score (≥6.5 overall) taken no more than two years ago from date of submission
Technische Universität München TUM GERMANY
Technical University Munich (Technische Universität München – TUM) is one of the leading universities in Germany. TUM’s top performances in research and education, interdisciplinary studies, and talent promotion stand out with strong alliances with businesses and scientific institutions across the world play a part in this. The combination of subjects at TUM is unique in Europe. TUM educates approximately 25,000 students in 142 study programs. Its scientists teach and research across multiple disciplines.
TUM was one of the first "Universities of Excellence" of the nationwide Excellence Initiative and impressed this cooperative in 2006 with its concept of TUM - The Entrepreneurial University. TUM cooperates with academic institutions worldwide. Students participate in study abroad programs with more than 150 international partner universities.
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 13, 2021