Change the Language
Marine & Offshore Technology, Marine Design & Production and Logistics & Supply Chain Education at Ngee Ann Poly
Established in 1963, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) s one of Singapore’s leading institutions of higher learning. Its eight academic schools offer a total of 49 full-time diploma courses. NP also offers a range of part-time diploma courses. The Polytechnic offers students a holistic learning experience through the Ngee Ann Learning Model (NLM), which emphasizes balanced and broad-based education. To ensure that its courses and students are in tune with current market developments, the Polytechnic maintains close industry links and devotes expertise and resources to assist the development of local enterprises.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic is spread over 87 acres of suburban land at the fringe of the upmarket Bukit Timah residential district. The campus is well served by public buses from around the island. With its convenient location, transportation is a breeze. One can also reach the campus by taking the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train.
NGEE ANN is a public institution in Singapore. Ngee Ann Polytechnic is a member of the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) since 1999. Ngee Ann Polytechnic was awarded the ISO9001:2000 certification, which gives international recognition to organisations that have implemented quality management.
Full-Time Engineering Diploma Programs
- Diploma in Marine & Offshore Technology with Specialization in Design or Oil & Gas or minor in Business Management (3 years): With MOT, you will learn to design and build your own ship models, and test them in Singapore’s only towing tank located in the campus. The strong emphasis on Design Thinking and Practice will give you an edge in creating innovative solutions for using clean energy, developing new materials and processes, as well as designing and building marine vessels and offshore structures. Specialization options include - Design or Oil & Gas and also an option for minor in Business Management.
- Diploma in Automation & Mechatronic Systems with Specialization in Marine & Offshore Systems (3 years): AMS prepares students for exciting careers in diverse fields ranging from aerospace, marine, industrial systems and healthcare to surgical and consumer product industries. You will learn to use automation and mechatronic technology to develop high-tech solutions for consumer products and industrial applications. In Marine & Offshore specialization, you will be taught the fundamentals of marine engineering, propulsion, as well as ship and oil production to gain an understanding of the various systems used in ship production and offshore facilities.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Specialization in Marine & Offshore Electrical Systems (3 years): From everyday conveniences such as robotic vacuum cleaners, computers and electric cars to industrial technologies such as power distribution, medical instruments and manufacturing, electrical engineers are practically needed everywhere. If you want to be grounded in one of the most fundamental and flexible engineering fields, the Diploma in Electrical Engineering (EE) is a good pick. The Marine & Offshore Electrical Systems specialization trains you to use sophisticated electrical control equipment and design marine electrical systems, and enables you to branch into the marine and offshore technology sector.
Full-Time Business Diploma Programs
- Diploma in International Logistics & Supply Chain Management (3 years): You will receive a solid foundation in international logistics and supply chain management with modules such as maritime and aviation management, warehousing, distribution, transportation and many more. You can look forward to a six-month enhanced internship at top logistics and supply chain companies such as Maersk Singapore, Lufthansa Cargo, DHL, PSA, SDV Logistics, CWT and Yang Kee Logistics in your final year. You can also choose to go on a three-week Overseas Immersion Program during your study.
CET Academy Part-Time Programs
- Diploma in Engineering (Marine) (2.5 years): The Diploma is offered at School of Engineering to support the demand for professionals with the skills and knowledge in marine and offshore oil & gas technology. You will learn the key aspects of naval architecture and basic principles of oil & gas exploration and production. You will also gain an overview of marine engineering systems such as marine propulsion and auxiliary systems.
- Diploma (Conversion) in Marine & Offshore Technology (1 year): The Diploma is offered at School of Engineering to support the robust marine and offshore industry in Singapore, which includes ship repair, shipbuilding, rig-building, offshore engineering, and other marine supporting services. You will learn the fundamentals of marine engineering and naval architecture, which includes understanding the structural components of various vessels. You will also learn the fundamentals of offshore oil & gas technology and offshore engineering.
- Specialist Diploma in Marine Design (1 year): The Diploma is offered at School of Engineering to prepare professionals for prospective employment in the robust marine and offshore industry in Singapore. You will be equipped with advanced naval architecture knowledge in marine structure stability, strength, resistance, motion and propulsion. You will also gain an understanding of International Conventions and Classification Society rules and regulations governing marine design.
- Specialist Diploma in Marine Production (1 year): The Diploma is offered at School of Engineering to support Singapore’s position as a marine and transportation hub and train skilled professionals in the robust and dynamic marine and offshore industry. You will learn marine production layout, facilities and processes, marine industry safety and legislation governing occupational safety in workplaces. You will also learn various trade specialization areas namely hull, outfitting & shipwright, mechanical, piping & HVAC, electrical & instrumentation.
- Diploma in Business Practice (International Supply Chain Management) (2.5 years): The Diploma is offered at School of Business & Accountancy to support Singapore's position as a major logistics hub for industries such as healthcare, chemicals, aerospace, conventions and exhibitions. You will gain relevant knowledge and skills in both international supply chain and business management to support these industries. You will learn material planning, purchasing, distribution, transportation logistics and management.
Last updated Mar 8, 2017