US Coast Guard Approved Safety Training Programs and Other Offshore related Safety and Emergency Courses in Galveston TX
Established in 1940 and located at Galveston Texas, Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is an internationally recognized leader in the delivery of emergency response, homeland security, workforce training and exercises, technical assistance, and economic development. TEEX operates a comprehensive emergency preparedness campus in College Station, Texas, which includes some of the world’s top training facilities - the Brayton Fire Training Field, Disaster City® and the Emergency Operations Training Center. TEEX operates extension training campuses across Texas, in Galveston, Houston, San Antonio, and Mesquite.
Major TEEX programs include firefighting, EMS, and rescue; infrastructure and safety; law enforcement; economic and workforce development; cybersecurity; product development and evaluation; and homeland security. As a member of The Texas A&M University System, TEEX is unique in its ability to access a broad range of emerging research and technical expertise. Customized TEEX training programs develop practical solutions for each client's need through hands-on instructions.
TEEX Center for Marine Training and Safety (CMTS) facility overlooks the entrance to Offatts Bayou in Galveston, Texas. The center offers USCG regulated & STCW compliant maritime and offshore training and other marine non-regulated classes. Extensive hands-on activities and practical training enhance participants' technical knowledge and skills. In addition to firefighting, courses include rescue, safety, and spill prevention courses, as well as land-based marine firefighting.
USCG Approved Courses
- Basic Fire Fighting (16 hours): This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)-approved course emphasizes hands-on training that provides you with the skills necessary to effectively participate as a member of an emergency response team aboard a merchant vessel or offshore facility.
- Advanced Fire Fighting (32 hours): The Advanced Marine Firefighting course emphasizes hands-on training to provide you with the skills necessary to effectively lead an emergency response team aboard a merchant vessel or offshore facility.
- Combined Basic & Advanced Fire Fighting (40 hours): This course satisfies the requirements of Fire Prevention and Fire Protection per STCW Code, as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1.
- Personal Survival Techniques (12 hours): It encompasses sea survival and self-rescue and is intended to teach you the proper actions and survival techniques to ensure safety in the event of an emergency evacuation/abandonment from a vessel.
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (4 hours): This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)-approved course offers classroom and practical training on emergency procedures, pollution prevention, safe onboard working practices, and skills regarding social interaction both onboard and on shore.
- STCW Basic Safety Training (40 hours): The course is designed to meet or exceed the mandatory minimum requirements as set forth in Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) code, Chapter VI, Section A-VI/1, Tables A-VI/1-1, A-VI/11-3 and A-VI/1-4 respectively.
- Fast Rescue Boat (24 hours): This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)-approved course is designed to provide Fast Rescue Boat personnel with training in safe launch and recovery operations and rescue of personnel who have fallen overboard or are in peril at sea.
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (30 hours): This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) approved course is designed to provide maritime and offshore personnel with training in the safe launching, recovery and operation of survival craft and rescue boats other than Fast Rescue Boats.
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (12 hours): This 12 hour course meets the mandatory requirements for issuing certificates of proficiency in Advanced Firefighting Refresher Training.
Other Marine Firefighting Courses
- Técnicas para el combate de incendios marinos (36 hours)
- LNG Spill Control and Fire Suppression (16 hours)
- Marine Firefighting for Landbased Firefighters (32 hours)
Other Offshore Courses
- Helicopter Landing Officer (6 hours)
- Oil Spill Control - Tactical and Operations Level
- Coastal Oil Spill Control - Refresher
- Freshwater Oil Spill Control - Tactical and Operations Level
- Freshwater Oil Spill Refresher
- Customized Oil Spill Training