Port and Terminal Management Masters Degree and Professional Development Programs & Workshops Online
Established in 1923 and home to more than 15,000 students, Lamar University (LU) is a public university in Beaumont, Texas and member of The Texas State University System. With more than 100 degree options (Lamar offers 90 undergraduate, 50 master's and over7 doctoral degree programs in seven academic college), Lamar University is nationally recognized for quality curriculum for all degree program levels: Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral.
Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and is one of 29 public universities recognized as a Doctoral/Research University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Several LU colleges and programs hold additional specialized certifications and accreditations recognizing their quality and expertise.
Formed in 2015, the Center for Advances in Port Management (CAPM) at Lamar University is made up of Lamar University faculty and waterway professionals, guides the development of teaching efforts and research projects. The Center uses faculty resources from across campus including the College of Engineering and College of Business.
Academic & Training Programs
- MS in Port and Terminal Management (Online): The port and marine terminal operating industry has long sought an advanced degree in port and marine terminal management. The wide and dynamic array of skills and knowledge required to manage today’s and tomorrow’s port and marine terminal require diverse and industry relevant curriculum. As a result, industry engagement in all courses is critical, with courses regularly updated in order to continue to reflect advances in industry management requirements.
- This program is for working professionals in the public port and private marine terminal industry seeking to enhance career growth potential in roles of increasing management responsibility. It is also useful for professionals in related industries, as well as continuing students, who seek a career in port and marine terminal management.
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university and Official transcripts from all colleges and universities. GRE score (Waived if the student has more than 1 year of relevant industry experience OR if undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or greater).
- Professional Certificate in Port Management (IRPC): The IRPC is a professional development certificate program focused on enhancing the participant’s fundamental knowledge of the port industry and to introduce them to American Association of Port Authorities (AAPA) and the greater port professional community. The Center has partnered with AAPA to develop relevant curriculum for the modern port professional’s needs.
Professional Development Training
- Introduction to the US Port Industry and Freight Transportation Systems (2 weeks, Online): This ambitious introductory course seeks to set the commercial context for strategic port operations and management.
- Planning for the Next Disaster: Lessons Learned, Best Practices and Next Steps
- Risk Analysis in Decision Making: A Practical Primer
- Port and Marine Terminal Physical Security: Key Issues and Trends
- Emergency Response Planning/2018 Hurricane Plan Exercise
- Resilient Port and Transportation Infrastructure in 2030.
- Strategic Asset Management
- Port and Terminal Management Effectiveness: Covey Approach
- Southeast Texas Workforce Development Workshop
- Critical Issues in Crisis Management in SE Texas
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiating Strategies
- Freight Transportation System Resiliency, Recovery and Business Continuity
- Workforce Development Workshop
- AMSC Port Arthur Cyber Security Group Workshop
- 2020 Hurricane Season Planning in a Pandemic Webinar
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 14, 2020