Marine & Energy Insurance and Admiralty Law Seminar with Continuing Education Credits
Houston Marine & Energy Insurance Conference (HMEIC), formerly known as Houston Marine Insurance Seminar (HMIS) is a not-for-profit corporation that provides and promotes educational opportunities in marine and energy insurance and admiralty law. The presenters focus on various facets of the industry and provide innovative ideas, education for professional growth, and networking opportunities. In addition to the educational experience, the seminar brings industry leaders together for powerful discussions to cross-pollinate industry leading best practices.
HMEIC provides a venue for personal interaction between seminar participants, seminar speakers and discussion leaders. The seminar provides education credits for lawyers, insurance agents and brokers, and insurance adjusters. As part of the education goals of the seminar, Marine Insurance Seminars Inc (MISI) supported marine insurance and maritime law and law library development and educational program enhancements at several colleges and universities.
Conducting the seminars for over 50 years, the Seminar has donated over ,000,000 in program assistance, scholarships and library assistance to a number of law schools and universities to aid their insurance programs and support their marine law curriculum.
Seminar & Credit Information
- Global Perspective on the Industry We Serve
- To Merge or Not to Merge: The Internal Dynamics of International Group P&I Insurers
- Uncharted Waters: Maritime Risks and Exposures Cuba
- Marine Port Accumulation for Houston 2017
- The Astrodome Following Hurricane Katrina
- Smarter Engineering Assessments to Drive a Competitive Edge
- Academic Perspective - Punishment at Sea: Maritime Law and Punitive Damages
- Surveying/Adjusting in a Soft Market
- Risk, Rules and Rewards: Drone Technology in Energy and Maritime Sectors
- Data Sharing Economy
- Risk Soup Du Jour - Cyber
- Managing and Defending a Pollution Incident in the United States
- BSSE Jurisdictional Boundaries?
Continuing Education Credits for Insurance Agents, Brokers and Adjusters
- Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey & Washington - 11.0 Accredited CE Hours
- New York - 10.0 Accredited CE Hours
- Alberta (Canada) - 9.5 General CE Hours; 5.0 Adjuster CE Hours (Alberta Insurance Council - AIC)
Continuing Legal Education Credits for Attorneys
- Texas - 6.50 Accredited CLE Hours
- Louisiana - 10.25 Accredited CLE Hours
- New York - via reciprocity with Louisiana (Certificate of Completion provided for Attendee to file for CLE credit direct)
- California - 17.25 Accredited CLE Hours