USCG OUPV, Masters Upgrade, and Endorsement programs & American Heart Association Certification for First Aid & CPR in Corpus Christi and Seabrook, TX
Located in Corpus Christi, 3rd Coast Captains is one of the newest Coast Guard approved Captain's training schools in Texas and classes are conducted in Corpus Christi and Seabrook (Houston). Corpus Christi is a coastal city in the South Texas region and it also extends into Aransas, Kleberg, and San Patricio Counties. Seabrook is a city in Harris County near Houston. Approval for the Masters Upgrade course and Emergency Assistance Towing course was issued to the school in 2012.
The courses include all course material, study guides, instruction, charts, tools, USCG exams and a Certificate of Completion. The exams have been approved by the U.S. Coast Guard so once you pass our exams you should be ready to apply for your license. There are special considerations for active duty military personnel, currently enrolled college students, and senior citizens.
USCG License Programs
- OUPV - Operator of Uninspected Vessel (aka 6-Pack): Topics include: Piloting, Marlinspike Seamanship, Navigation Rules, Magnetic Compass, Characteristics of Weather, Tides and Currents, Vessel Maneuvering and Handling, Small Engine Operations and Maintenance, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Emergency Procedures, Maritime Law, Shipboard Management and Training, Ships Business, Communications, and Lifesaving Appliances.
- Master's Upgrade: The 24-hour Masters 100 Ton Upgrade provides an opportunity to those with a valid OUPV License to raise their grade to a Masters license. This license allows you to operate both inspected vessels and uninspected vessels. It is required by the USCG for any inspected vessel certified to carry more than 6 passengers for hire.
USCG Endorsement Programs
- Towing Endorsement: This course covers the various aspect of assistance towing. It provides a good understanding of the topic so you can perform these duties in a safe manner.
- Sailing Endorsement: Sailing endorsement is needed by the master of the vessel for inspected vessels or vessels in foreign waters. It is not needed for uninspected vessels in domestic waters.
- CPR and First Aid Classes
- American Heart Association Certification Class for Basic First Aid, CPR and Stop the Bleed Classes
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 26, 2020