IYT Yacht Certifications, ICC Certifications and Other Sailing Programs in Rodney Bay Marina, St Lucia
Operating from Rodney Bay Marina, St Lucia, First 4 Sail is a IYT affiliated sailing school and offers a range of IYT courses from novice through to Bareboat & Coastal skipper, with each course taking 4/ 5 days. The certifications are recognized worldwide. First 4 Sail also issue ICC certificates which are required to operate leisure vessels in most European countries.
IYT operates boating courses in 180 schools in 45 countries and has more than 30 years’ worth of experience. The courses are designed to account for the Caribbean waters with small groups catered for so there is plenty of opportunity for each candidate to practice all the skills learnt over the period of the course to improve on each aspect. Most of the courses run over 5 days, these can be done concurrently or broken up over weekends.
Rodney Bay is the perfect playground to discover the thrill of sailing and racing in a fun and safe environment. With Pigeon Island situated in the north of the bay and the Barrel O'Beef rock acting as a natural marker in the south, the bay is perfect to learn the basic skills of sailing and to practice those skills on one of the sailing excursions.
- Introduction to Boating and International Crew (5 days): This certification is for crew on a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 meters in coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore and in daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions.
- Flotilla Skipper & VHF Radio Mile Building Course (5 days): This is a five-day course which is aimed at increasing a student's knowledge and experience sufficiently to get you thinking like a captain and to prepare them for the Bareboat skipper course and increase your logged miles.
- International Bareboat Skipper (5 days): It is not for beginners and the recommended entry level requirements are a VHF radio operators’ certificate, and to have logged over 200 nautical miles and 10 days at sea before advancing to this level. The recommended minimum age to obtain this certification is 18.
- Zero to Hero (Non Sailor to Bareboat Skipper Program - 15 days): If you have a bit of time and wish to learn to sail and gain experience then you could try the Zero to Hero course which takes you from a complete novice up to Bareboat Skipper in 15 days.
- Introduction to Yachting
- Discover Sailing - Hand on sailing experience
- Full Day Sail Trip
- Overnight to The Pitons
- Racing Regattas
- Luxury Charter
- Yacht Delivery
- ICC certificate