Comprehensive Marine Training and Testing Facility in Raceland, Louisiana
Established in 1987, Griff’s Marine Training (formerly known as Lafourche Merchant Marine Training Services) has been serving the training needs of marine workers in the Gulf South for over 30 years.
Located in Raceland, Louisiana, Griff’s Marine Training has a comprehensive training and testing facility.
Griff's Marine offers specialized classroom instruction and practical training to prepare students to obtain needed certification required by the U. S. Coast Guard. Griff’s also has an affiliation with the Gulf Coast Mariners Association and the National Mariners Association.
Specializing in radar and celestial endorsements, Griff’s offers a wide variety of USCG and STCW-approved courses, from basic to advanced, to meet the marine training needs.
Griff’s Marine now offers military discounts on all classes and they also offer assistance with USCG paperwork on a consultation basis.
Merchant Marine Training Programs
USCG Master Courses
- 100 Gross Ton Master (80 hours): The OUPV Six Pack License is valid for uninspected motor and sail vessels up to 100 gross tons and is a national license.
- 100 Gross Ton Master / 200 Gross Ton Mate(106.5 hours): Similar to above, Mate is officer in charge of a navigation watch on the vessel, but not in charge of the entire vessel.
- 200 GT Upgrade (4days)
Other USCG Courses
- Celestial Navigation 500 GT/ 1600 (80 hours)
- Radar Observer Unlimited (5 days)
- Plotting Tools
- Radar Renewal (1 day)
- Master of Towing Vessels (15 days)
- Designated Examiner - Towing Vessels (8 hours)
- First Aid & CPR (1 day)
- Leadership and Manageral Skills
- Train the Trainer