Facility, Vessel, and Company Security Programs and Other Maritime Safety and Security Training in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MARSEC Corporation provides USCG/US Maritime Administration approved, IMO-compliant, Facility, Vessel, and Company Security Officer training. The company also offers services in all areas of Maritime Security and Safety to companies of all sizes in a wide variety of industries. MARSEC Corporation has been awarded a Certificate of Approval for its Security Officer Training Course, on behalf of the United States Coast Guard National Maritime Center (NMC).
The Vessel, Company, and Facility Security Officer Course has received approval from the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) classification society under the authority of the U.S. Maritime Administration and U.S. Coast Guard. MARSEC Corporation also tailors courses to suit the need.
MARSEC Corporation has enhanced its VSO/CSO/FSO training to include the rules for the Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) and guidance on defensive measures to help protect against acts of piracy. In addition to familiarization with the maritime security regulations, they are trained on TWIC requirements, anti-piracy advisories, and are shown how significant costs potentially associated with compliance with these new rules can best be limited.
- Vessel, Company, and Facility Security Officer (Combined) (VSO, CSO, and FSO)
- Vessel Security Officer Refresher Course
- Any applicant successfully completing the VSO and CSO parts of the course will satisfy - the training requirements of 33 CFR 104.210 for Company Security Officer; the training requirements of 33 CFR 104.215 for an STCW endorsement as Vessel Security Officer; and he competencies of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, Table A-VI/5.
- The FSO part of the course was reviewed and found to meet the standards of competence provided in 33 CFR 105.205, International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) Code Part A/2.1.8, ISPS Code Part A/17, and International Maritime Organization (IMO) Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)(2015 Edition).
Other Training Programs
- Safety & Security
- Response Training
- Biological / Chemical attack
- Incident Command System
- HAZWOPER / HAZCOM
- PREP Table Top Qualified Individual (QI)
- Homeland Security Incident Management
- Custom courses
- Plus more