Supply Chain Management Education at SLU College of Business
Southeastern Louisiana University is a diverse family of students from over 40 states and over 50 foreign countries. Southeastern faculty and staff are dedicated to student success, and take the extra step to guide students along in their academic journey. The professors mirror the success the university wants the students to achieve - the majority of them hold the highest degree in their field, and faculty, not graduate students teach 99% of the classes.
Southeastern offers 76 degree programs - including 3 associate degree programs, 53 baccalaureate degree programs, 19 master degree programs, and one doctoral program. In addition, Southeastern offers other academic opportunities such as the Honors Program, Study Abroad Program, several undergraduate research programs, and much more.
The College of Business is composed of the Departments of Accounting and Finance, Management and Business Administration, and Marketing and Supply Chain Management. The College prepares students to be leaders of business, industry, and government in a dynamic global environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management: The B.S. curriculum in Supply Chain Management is designed to provide students with practical as well as theoretical knowledge concerning modern Supply Chain Management practices. The overall educational objective is to provide students with the knowledge foundation and skills necessary to pursue successful careers in industry or graduate studies in the major disciplines of Supply Chain Management which include: Marketing, Operations Management, and Information Systems.
- A major in Supply Chain Management prepares students for careers in production and operations management, purchasing, transportation and logistics, information systems, and several other related areas. Some occupations may require advanced graduate or professional degrees.
SOUTHEASTERN State Features
Southeastern Louisiana University, the third largest university in the state, is located in the city of Hammond (population approximately 20,000), about 55 miles northwest of New Orleans and 50 miles east of Baton Rouge, the state’s capital. The university operates several satellite centers where classes and other programs are offered. These are located in nearby St. Tammany Parish (in the town of Mandeville), in Walker (Livingston Parish Literacy and Technology Center), and a branch of the nursing school in Baton Rouge.
- Campus: Located in the city of Hammond, the Southeastern campus is a park-like setting featuring beautiful old moss laden oak trees and towering pines with a number of “pocket parks” and areas of green space dotting the landscape. Nearly 60 permanent buildings cover the campus and range from historic art deco style architecture to modern residential facilities with all amenities.
- Accreditation: Southeastern Louisiana University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral degrees. The College of Business programs are accredited by the AACSB International, the most prestigious accrediting agency for business programs.
- Technology Resources: Southeastern prides itself on providing a technology-rich environment for students, faculty, and staff. Southeastern allows students to check out digital cameras, laptops, projection equipment, zip drives, and digital media packs which include mini DVD camcorders. In addition, Southeastern provides for distance learning and utilizes the latest in technology in the classroom - including compressed video, whiteboards, and other peripherals to aid in e-learning activities.
- Preferred Research Option for Intensive Training: Preferred Research Option for Intensive Training (PROFIT) in Business & Technology is a program under the auspices of the College of Business. The purpose of this program is to recognize outstanding undergraduate student scholarly achievement in all areas of business.
- Business Research Center: : The Business Research Center is a University-based research facility housed at Southeastern Louisiana University's Southeast Louisiana Business Center. The Mission of the center is to provide economic information on the region and conduct applied research projects to further the economic development of the five Florida parishes of the North Shore. The Center publishes the Economic Reporter, a quarterly economic newsletter serving as a definitive source of economic data about Southeast Louisiana for businesses, governments, and individuals.
- Facilities: Southeastern has enjoyed more than million in new construction and renovations over the past decade in academic facilities (new biology building, completely renovated science building, general classroom and lab facility, expanded teacher education complex). Campus housing has been upgraded through a million new construction project featuring all the amenities today’s students are seeking.
Institute for Supply Management (ISM) - Student Organization:The Institute for Supply Management is a strategic resource for career growth and development. It offers students the opportunity to meet new people, network with Supply Chain Management Professionals, and attend a wide variety of professional events. Also, it provides an opportunity for students with common interests to share those interests with other students.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 9, 2018