Change the Language
Career Opportunities in Tanker Trading; Ship Management; Port Terminal Management; Bulk-Liquid Transportation, Storage, and Distribution; in Europe & US
Founded in 1959, Stolt-Nielsen Limited (SNL) is the world’s leading provider of integrated transportation and storage solutions for specialty and bulk liquid chemicals and a wide range of other liquid products. It is engaged in the liquid transportation which includes the tankers, tank containers and terminals divisions.
Stolt-Nielsen operates through several subsidiaries, including Stolt Tankers, Stolt Stolthaven Terminals, Stolt Tank Containers (STC), Stolt-Nielsen Gas (SNG), and Stolt Bitumen Services (SBS). Stolt Tankers operates one of the worlds largest and most sophisticated global fleet of deep-sea, regional, coastal and inland parcel tankers, providing safe, reliable, high quality transportation services to the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals and other bulk liquids. By working in concert with Stolthaven Terminals and its worldwide network of high efficiency terminals, the Stolt Tankers fleet of more than 140 ships and barges functions as an integral and vital part of the customers’ global supply chains.
Stolt-Nielsen employs more than 5,000 staff in 33 offices around the world. Throughout its history, the group has been dedicated to attracting and retaining the best and brightest people in the industry, and backed up that commitment with world renowned training, excellent benefits, and the highest quality work environment.
STOLT-NIELSEN Career Opportunities
Graduate Marine Careers
Whether you see your future at sea or on land Stolt-Nielsen could offer you a career opportunity that matches your ambitions. A sample list with job descriptions of opportunities available from time to time is listed below:
- Contract Engineer: The contract engineer initiates, develops, implements and manages agreements and purchasing projects. He/she is also required to perform process analysis.
- Marine Superintendent/Auditor: Plan and execute internal safety, quality and environmental system audits of every vessel in the Fleet on an annual basis. Report on the effectiveness of the implemented Q.A. system and assist the Fleet in marine requirements. Conduct Accident and Near Miss Investigations for the Houston Fleet.
- Port Superintendent: To monitor, support and direct operation on the Stolt Tankers Fleet to achieve the best result as a member of the Tanker Operation management team and to keep all parties informed. The individuals will rotate office and field duties while exhibiting and promoting the company values and policies.
- Project Manager: Manage technical projects for the ships in the existing fleets and provide support to fleet departments. Evaluate and recommend new equipment for enhancing existing ships performance. Participate in developing concept designs for new ships.
- Ship Operator: The Ship Operator is the focal point for the coordination of all cargo and voyage information among masters, area offices, agents, Stolt departments and ship owners. Devise and implement the most economical voyage plan consistent with STT service and customer quality requirements for each assigned ship through the commercial utilization of cargo operations.
- Ship Operator Trainee: The Operations Trainee position is an entry level opportunity intended to be an up to 2-year (maximum) training program to prepare a candidate for a Ship Operator.
STOLT Tank Containers
Stolt Tank Containers (STC) is the world’s leading provider of logistics and transportation services for door-to-door shipments of bulk-liquid chemicals and food-grade products. STC's global fleet of tank containers is by far the world's largest, with more than 23,500 units. The capabilities include flexitank services and specialized tank containers for aggressive or high purity products, compressed gases and cryogenic cargoes.
With more than 25 years of experience in the logistics industry, Stolt Tank Containers is committed to a process of continuous innovation to help customers better manage their supply chains, minimize costs and increase efficiency.