Translate to Your Language
Maritime; Shipping; Logistics and Sea Going Career Opportunities and Career Development Programs
Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding ASA is a leading global maritime industry group. The WW group offers logistics solutions and maritime services through a worldwide network embracing some 10,000 employees at just over 328 offices in roughly 69 countries. Joint ventures included, the group employs almost 16,000 people at more than 445 offices in some 73 nations.
Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding ASA had an operating profit of USD 240.8 million (2009) and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. Founded in 1861 in Tønsberg, the group now ranks among Norway’s most global enterprises.
Wilh. Wilhelmsen group provides two broad segments of services for the industry, Maritime Services and Shipping & Logistics. Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS (WMS), offers a broad range of products and services to a large proportion of the merchant fleet through a unique global network. Wilhelmsen Maritime Services' also offers services to the shipbuilding industry. In Shipping & Logistics, Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA offers global car and ro-ro customers high quality sea transportation and integrated logistics solutions from factory to dealer through its operating companies.
WW offers a career filled with challenges and opportunities so you can develop to your full potential. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in 69 countries, WW group has a diverse workforce. The cultural diversity and global presence provide a vista of opportunities within a range of career paths, both at sea and on land.
WILH. WILHELMSEN Career Opportunities
- International Maritime Training Centre (IMTC): IMTC is the group’s learning institution and provides programs for leadership development, in addition to a broad range of specific training programs. Every year more than 400 employees participate in various learning programs held by the Academy. Participants learn new things in a fun and highly interactive way, and all programs are tailor made to support the WW group's vision and values.
- On The Job-Learning, Coaching and Mentoring: In addition to corporate development possibilities there are plenty of different learning opportunities within the different companies and business areas of the WW group. With a vision aiming at shaping the maritime industry they can promise you plenty of exciting on-the-job challenges and opportunities to help you reach your full potential and grow together with the WW group.
- Executive Development: The WW group Executive is one of the world’s most prestigious leadership development programs‐High Performance Leadership at IMD. Employees participating in this program have the option to also take an additional management program at either London Business School or IMD. The executive development offer also provides the employees with the opportunity to build a global network with business leaders from other global companies.
- Global Leadership Development Program: When completing the Global Leadership Development program you will know your strengths and development areas as a leader. Further on you will have increased your capability of influencing and developing others. In addition you will know how and why to secure innovation in WW group, and have strong change management capabilities. The program also gives you an opportunity to build a global network of leaders sharing similar challenges and experiences as yourself.
- Management Skills Development Program: After the Management Skills Development Program you will know how they manage and lead people in the WW group. The program puts an emphasis on individual self-awareness and insight. 360 degree feedback instruments and individual coaching are tools used to support you in identifying your strengths and development areas. In addition, you will strengthen your conflict management, coaching and delegation capabilities. At this program you will have the opportunity to build a global network of managers within the company.
- New As A Manager Training: The new as a manager training will make you think about what kind of manager you want to be, what is expected from you and what your strengths and development areas are. After completing this training you will have increased your effectiveness as a manager by helping your employees to improve their performance. Further on you will know what is expected of a WW manager.
- Project Management Program: After the Project Management Program you will know how to run projects in WW group. You will be able to use theproject management execution model, and you will have access to hands-on tools. Further on you will know how to make effective project plans and how to increase efficiency in your projects. In addition you will have a global network of people who works in projects.
- Maritime Industry Program: The Maritime Industry program will navigate you through the entire maritime value chain, and highlight the role the group plays in it. After the program you will know about the core business drivers in the industry. Further on you will have a good understanding of how they shape the maritime industry and live by the company values. The program also provides great regional networking opportunities between employees from all Business Areas.
A Sample list of jobs available are provided below:
- Industrial Engineer, Logistics
- Technical Services Manager
- Engineer EL / automation HVAC
- Project Manager HVAC
- HVAC Engineer
- CAD Operator / design engineer
- Chief Officer
- 2nd Officer
- Chief Engineer
- 2nd Engineer
- Master with DP Unltd
- Chief Officer with DP Unltd
- 2nd Engineer
- 2nd Officer with DP Unltd
- Plus more