Graduate and Maritime Education Programs, & Intern and Career Opportunities in Maritime Logistics at Maersk Group
Founded in 1904, Maersk is a worldwide conglomerate devoted to the shipping, energy and related industries. The container shipping lines, tanker business and Logistics Company move a large share of the world’s products around the globe. The oil and gas company supplies energy from sources in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Other Maersk business units provide supply, drilling, towage and emergency services, and include a significant European retailer.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is a publicly traded corporation with some 68,000 shareholders. The controlling shareholder is the A.P. Møller and Chastine Mc-Kinney Møller Foundation, which was set up by the company’s founder in 1953. Maersk shares are traded on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
There are two things that really set Maersk apart as an employer - the size and global reach, and the distinctive performance culture. With some 115,000 employees and activities in 130 countries, Maersk has the global scale it takes for employees to achieve even their most ambitious career goals. Maersk is also a diverse group of companies, making it able to offer a wide range of career paths for generalists and specialists. Working for a company as international as Maersk, you don’t even have to travel to enjoy a global business milieu. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any Maersk office, vessel or rig.
Maersk Career Opportunities
- Maersk Liner Graduate Program (MLGP): The Maersk Line Graduate Program is designed in a way so as to impart thorough knowledge of the liner industry to the participants. Along with in-depth knowledge, participants will also get a hands-on experience of the different processes in the company. The main objective of this program is to give you a platform to excel and accelerate your growth within the organization through a structured approach of on the job rotations, theoretical interventions through workshops, e-learning and seminars and exposure to senior management and a global network.
- MLGP Eligibility: Masters students about to graduate and already graduated are given priority to this program. Graduates with 0-4 years of work experience can apply after completion the degree or towards the end of completing the degree.
- Maersk International Technology & Science (MITAS) Program: The Maersk Group offers a 2-year international program to prepare newly graduated engineers, geologists or geophysicists for technical leadership and specialist careers. MITAS is an Entry Level Program that provides the technical professionals with a business mindset and broad exposure to technical challenges as a solid basis for future technical aspirations. During the 2 years on MITAS program you will work in three different positions, possibly in more than one Business Unit. Rotations will provide you with a huge exposure to technical challenges and various areas of our business early in your career and will help you gain hands-on experience with the support of experienced colleagues. At the moment all MITAS positions are offered within Energy and Offshore field. As a MITAS program participant, you can be working either in Maersk Oil or Maersk Drilling/FPSOs in several locations around the world. Successful completion of the program will ensure you a challenging and responsible position as well as giving you the foundation to become a technical leader or a specialist in A.P. Moller - Maersk.
- MITAS Eligibility: As a geologist (MSc/PhD), geophysicist (MSc/PhD), physicist (MSc/PhD) or an engineer (BA/MSc) in one of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical engineering; Electrical engineering; Structural engineering; Process engineering; Chemical engineering; Petroleum engineering; Production engineering; Reservoir engineering; Civil engineering; and Environmental engineering. The program is both for newly graduated candidates as well as candidates who already have a couple of years work experience.
- Damco International Graduate Program: Damco International Graduate Programme is the flagship entry level program of Damco. The programmruns for about 2 years. You will have professional roles from day one and experience building through on the job learning. You will also have opportunities for participation in three global modules in different parts of the world in partnership with a reputed international business school.
- Eligibility: Generally, Damco is looking for recent graduates (bachelor/master) in any stream who have some work experience, full-time or part-time, from any industry. Exact requirements may vary for different countries and graduate positions.
Maritime Education Programs
- Maersk Officer Education Program: The Maersk cadet program focus on either Deck Cadet training or Engineer Cadet training and covers both disciplines giving you a wide array of skills, competencies and opportunities. You need to have A-Levels or your country’s equivalent school leavers’ certificate and to pass the Maersk admissions test, which challenges a variety of logical, verbal and practical reasoning skills. Additionally you need to have a clean criminal record and a clean bill of health. When you have completed the Maersk Officer Education Program, you will be qualified to embark immediately upon an exciting career as a Junior Officer. You will also have all the theoretical qualifications you need to proceed to the sought-after Captain- or Chief Engineer positions in due course.
- Deck Cadet Education Program: The Cadet Educational Program provides you with comprehensive grounding for your work at sea, and for professional life within Maersk. You will gain theoretical and practical insight into many different areas of vessel operations, including maritime technology, navigation, safety, cargo operations, leadership and management. This program is for motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic young people, with good general health, good eyesight and a school leavers’ certificate (16 plus). Tuition fees are covered, and student grants are available during study periods. Allowance is paid during periods of on-the-job training. Travel to and from vessels is covered and uniform is provided.
- Engineering Cadet Education Program: The Engineering Cadet Education Program prepares you for a technically-oriented maritime career. Your focus will be the engine room, and the operation and maintenance of the marine equipment, as opposed to deck tasks such as navigation, ship-handling and cargo handling. This program is for motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic young people, with good general health, good eyesight and a school leavers’ certificate (16 plus).
Maritime (Sea-going) Career Opportunities
- Officer: A career at sea with the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group provides skilled and motivated individuals with a challenging profession in a dynamic and challenging environment. As Officer in A.P.Moller-Maersk you will enter a motivating environment for professional development and personal growth. Further a job as officer provides good career opportunities, introduction to a strong network across the group and excellent training and leadership skills.
- Cadet: The A.P. Moller - Maersk Cadet Education is the platform to train, groom and develop cadets as future Maritime Officers by providing second to none education opportunities, imbibing core values, culture and leadership skills and offering a motivating atmosphere for professional development and personal growth.
- More Information on Maritime (sea-going) career opportunities in UK can be found at this section - Maersk Marine Services Ltd | Maersk Crewing Ltd
Maersk Group Intern Opportunities
- Internship Global Continuous Improvement - Netherlands
- Maintenance Intern - Singapore
- Sales Intern - Bolivia
- MCC Sales Support Intern - China
- Finance Intern - China
- Intern Commercial/Sales/Business Development - Hong Kong
- Media Relation Intern Communication/Stakeholder Relations - China
- Candidate pool/Internships Administration/Facility Management - Costa Rica
- View the latest intern opportunities here
Maersk Group Current Opportunities
From shipping and energy to retail, the diversified activities enable Maersk to offer attractive career paths for generalists and specialists alike. You can visit the job portal at www.maersk.com for more information on all the current opportunities available. Please find below a sample list of vacancies advertised from time to time.
- Cluster Collections Manager - MY & SG - Finance/Accounting - Philippines
- Engineering Project Manager, Los Angeles/Long Beach, CA - Engineering/Facilities - USA
- Finance Administrator - Philippines
- Operations Manager, Sumner, WA - Supply Chain/Logistics Operations -USA
- Spanish Collector – Caribbean - Finance/Accounting - Philippines
- SQL DBA Analyst, South Gate, CA - USA
- Air Export Associate- South Gate - Supply Chain/Logistics Operations - USA
- Assistant Manager Technology & Application (ELZ) - USA
- BERTH / KADE PLANNER - Terminal Operations/Engineering - Netherlands
- Business Improvement Manager -Finance/Accounting -India
- Crane Instructor - Brazil
- Customer Insights Manager - Project/Process/Performance Management - Denmark
- Customer Service Excellence Lead - Denmark
- Customer Service Specialist - Philippines
- Document Controller (Temporary) – Legal - Kazakhstan
- Event Management SME – IT - United Kingdom
- Execution Manager - Damco Operations Commercial/Sales/Business Development -India
- Executive Secretary to Centre Finance Management - Denmark
- Head of Strategic Sourcing – Procurement - India
Ckeck www.maersk.com for the latest vacancies.
Maersk Group Companies
The world's largest shipping company. Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Key Figures: Employees - 16,900; Number of offices - 325; Number of countries - 125; and Number of vessels: 500.
Safmarine Container Lines NV is a Belgian shipping company, based in Antwerp and specializing in sea transportation of cargoes between Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent as well as operating in other trades. Key Figures: Employees – 1,780; Number of offices & countries - 110; Number of countries - 110; and Number of vessels: 62.
Damco is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. With 9,500 professionals in over 280 owned offices around the world, Damco manages more than 2.4 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and more than 75,000 tonnes of airfreight, annually.
Container Inland Svcs
Closely integrated with APM Terminals, Container Inland Services is a group of over 80 local companies that specialize in container availability. As well as offering cargo support services and buying, selling and modifying containers, the company, move and maintain containers and other shipyard equipment for many of the world’s top carriers, transport companies and a wide range of other customers. Key Figures: Employees – 6,000; and Number of countries - 70.
Maersk LNG meets the world’s LNG transport needs by combining a modern, ultra-efficient fleet with the high safety standards required by the industry. Key Figures: Employees - 290; Number of offices: 1; and Number of vessels: 8.
Maersk Tankers owns and operates a large fleet of crude oil carriers, product tankers, and gas carriers. In addition to the crude and gas tankers trading under the Maersk Tankers brand, the company offers product tanker services under three brands - LR2 Pool, Handytankers, and Broström. Career opportunities at Maersk Tankers.
MAERSK Supply Service
Maersk Supply Service serves the offshore industry and the worldwide services include subsea support, transport of equipment to drilling rigs and production units, anchor handling in ultra deep water, mooring installations and rig moves. Key Figures: Employees - 2,025; Number of offices - 13 including Port Captains; Number of countries – 20; and Number of vessels - more than 60.
Svitzer provides harbor, terminal and ocean towage services, as well as pilotage, fire-fighting, pollution response and escort assistance. Key Figures: Employees - 4,500; Number of countries – 40; and Number of vessels - 525.