Pick Your Language (Translate)
This TAFE Queesland North page is no longer updated - Please check the latest program details at TAFE Queensland Section.
TAFE Queensland North delivers world-class vocational education and training programs across over 100,000 square mile area of north-eastern Australia. The service area covers 15.5 per cent of Queensland and extends from the Papua New Guinea border in the north to Cardwell in the south and the Gulf of Carpentaria in the west. The Institute services more than 13,000 clients annually from eight campuses located at Cairns, Innisfail, Tully, Atherton, Mareeba, Mossman, Thursday Island and Bamaga.
TAFE Queensland North is one of 13 institutes that make up TAFE Queensland Net work (GBRIMC Marine College, TAFE Queensland Brisbane, TAFE Queensland East Coast plus more), the state's premier provider of vocational education and training. The Institute delivers more than 400 courses in 30 vocational training areas and provides qualifications ranging from Certificate I to Advanced Diploma level.
The Great Barrier Reef International Marine College (GBRIMC) is located in Cairns with the best equipped training center in the southern hemisphere. The marine training programs cover a diverse range of skills and qualifications which prepare students for local, state and federal licensing exams, subject to the requirements of individual agencies. Cairns Seaport is Australia's busiest cruise port and Queensland's busiest commercial port and also home to one of Australia's largest marine fleets and is gaining a reputation nationally and internationally as a major maritime service center.
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations: This program provides training from entry level to supervisory level for people who are involved in the warehousing and distribution industries. You learn about the receipt and dispatch of product, warehouse equipment operations, checking and maintenance, occupational health and safety, customer service, teamwork and resource management.
Marine Certificate Programs
- Certificate I in Maritime Operations (General Purpose Hand Near Coastal) (5days, full-time)
- Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal) (2 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) (4 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 meters Near Coastal) (6 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master up to 35 meters Near Coastal) (6 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal) (3 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal) (4weeks, full-time)
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 Near Coastal) (6 weeks, full-time)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Cookery)
For more details on the Maritime Programs, please refer to GBRIMC Marine College page.
Marine Short Courses
- Certificate I in Maritime Operations (General Purpose Hand Near Coastal)
- AMSA Approved Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS)
- AMSA Approved General Operator's Certificate (GMDSS)
- AMSA Approved General Operator's Certificate Revalidation (GMDSS)
- AMSA Approved STCW95 Short Course: Certificate of Safety Training (COST)
- AMSA registered SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING (SAT)
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- Marine Radio
- Master of Yachts 200gt Limited
- Master of Yachts Limited (Master Class 5)
- Plus more..