Translate to Your Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education & Research at the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS)
Founded in 1850, The University of Sydney is unique among Australia's leading public universities in the breadth of disciplines offered. The university located in Sydney, New South Wales and the main campus spreads across the suburbs of Camperdown and Darlington on the south-western outskirts of the Sydney CBD. University of Sydney students and researchers come from all over the world and all backgrounds to prepare for a life of challenge and change.
With over 32,000 undergraduate and 16,000 graduate students and students from 134 countries, the university provides them with a wide scope for personal development and an opportunity for cross-disciplinary work, producing ideas and people that lead to smarter solutions and richer lives. The University of Sydney is a member of Australia's Group of Eight, Academic Consortium 21, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) and the Worldwide Universities Network.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) of the University of Sydney Business School is Australia's Key Centre of Excellence in Transport and Logistics Research and Education. ITLS undertakes graduate teaching, management development programs, grant and contract research and development in the fields of transport and logistics studies.
ITLS Postgraduate Programs
- Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (6 months FT, 1 year PT): The graduate certificates are specifically designed for those who have an undergraduate degree in another discipline or for applicants with no undergraduate degree but extensive practical experience in their specialist area.
- Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year FT, 1.5 years PT): The graduate diplomas provide you with core knowledge in your chosen study area. You will develop specialist skills and knowledge, enhancing your career and enabling you to progress to a masters qualification.
ITLS Masters Degree Programs
- Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1.5 years FT, 2.5 years PT): The postgraduate program focuses on management and operations and teaches specialist skills in applying the concepts, techniques and principles that lie at the heart of logistics and supply chain management. The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies has exceptionally strong links with industry and is recognized by the Australian Government as a centre of excellence in research and education.
- Master of Commerce (Logistics & Supply Chain) (2 years FT, 4 years PT): The Logistics and Supply Chain Management specialization is designed for students who want to develop careers in the fields of logistics and supply chain management, as well as for those currently practicing in these areas. The emphasis is on the operations and logistics functions in companies that source, produce, distribute and market nationally and internationally.
ITLS Research Programs
- MPhil & PhD in Transport & Logistics: ITLS offers two research degrees, either full or part time, the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and the Master of Philosophy (MPhil). With so many exciting and important themes available to research and the general shortage of well-trained researchers in transport and logistics, research can range from highly quantitative to highly qualitative research topics with a focus on basic and applied research.
ITLS Work Placement Program
- The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies at the University of Sydney Business School offers the students the opportunity to undertake a 12-week full time work placement with one of the industry partners in a logistics / supply chain / transport / infrastructure management related field.
- The Work Placement Program runs twice per year with 12 week placements starting in June/July for students completing in Semester 1 or the Summer School sessions and in November/December for students completing in Semester 2 or the Winter School sessions.
SYDNEY UNIVERSITY Features
The Commonwealth Key Centre of Teaching and Research in Transport Management is a joint venture between the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies in University of Sydney Business School and the Institute of Transport Studies in the Department of Civil Engineering at Monash University, Melbourne (ITS-Monash). The Key Centre was established in 1995; for 15 years the Australian Federal government has continued to recognize it as a centre of excellence in teaching and research in all areas of transport management including supply chain management, transport economics, transport engineering, transport planning, and transport modeling.
- Campus: The University of Sydney has a network of different teaching campuses spread throughout the Sydney area. The main Camperdown/Darlington campus is well known as the home of historic sandstone buildings, gargoyles and cloisters, lawns and courtyards.
- Accreditation: The University of Sydney is a public institutions and the University of Sydney Business School is accredited by AACSB International and by EQUIS, the quality assurance arm of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Careers Center: The University of Sydney Careers Centre assists current and recently graduated students to build employability skills, plan careers and look for work. The center offers workshops and support in writing resumes, interview and job search skills. The center also helps employers connect with University of Sydney students, including Careers Fairs, Information Sessions and job advertisements.
- Logistics Association of Australia: The Logistics Association of Australia (LAA) has selected ITLS as the provider of training services for short courses for its members. Factors supporting the decision to align with ITLS included its widespread reputation and influence across the logistics and supply chain sector and its cultural fit with the full span of course material and subject matter aligned to LAA member's needs.
- Work at ITLS: From time to time ITLS has opportunities for casual work for students who are currently enrolled in one or more units of study at ITLS. This work supports the research work of the Institute in transport, logistics and supply chain management and is a good opportunity for students to gain work experience in these fields.
- Housing: The University offers a range of catered and self-catered on-campus accommodation. Contracts for residents are generally for the academic year, from early March to late November, though Sydney University Village and the self-contained apartments at International House offer 12 month contracts.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 25, 2017