Seafarers STCW Medical Training, Boat & PWC License and Private Boat Training in Macquarie Park & Sydney NSW
Located at New South Wales - Australia, the National Maritime College (NMC) provides comprehensive hands-on practical training on all types of recreational vessels - large or small, sail or power. Head Office is based on the Gold Coast, Queensland and NMC is approved to deliver Boat and PWC License training in New South Wales and Victoria. The College is a Registered Training Organization with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
The National Maritime College specializes in Boat and PWC License one day courses. This method provides applicants with the best overall boating education experience as well as meeting all NSW RMS requirements for obtaining the license in the one session. Also private boat training is conducted on board a private yacht or motor cruiser with tailored training.
National Maritime College offers STCW Maritime First Aid training, marine radio license, endorsement in navigation, provisioning, sea survival, gap training or AMSA oral preparation tuition. College courses and programs are taught by qualified, experienced maritime trainers. In addition to the training programs the National Maritime College (NMC) offers a range of maritime services. The official name of the college is NSW Boating College Pty Ltd.
STCW Maritime First Aid
- STCW Qualifying - Race/Cruising Medic (2 days): An internationally certifying, in depth emergency response basics course, recommended for all crew, especially for those vessels which race or cruise more than 3 hours from assistance or 30 nautical miles from shore. This two-day course is aimed at racing and commercial seafarer crew wishing to meet World Sailing regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4) and STCW safety training requirements.
- STCW Proficiency in Medical First Aid (3 days + eLearning): This three-day course is aimed at commercial seafarer crew, racing crew, offshore cruising sailors and those interested in working in the superyacht industry. Course content meets current STCW (Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping) Proficiency in Medical First Aid requirement for sea-going vessels.
- STCW Proficiency in Medical Care on Board (5 days): This course is intended for commercial seafarers who are designated to take charge of medical care onboard. It is also ideal training for cruising sailors. The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to take charge of a medical emergency on board, to seek assistance from shore based medical advisers, and carry out medical procedures as directed from shore based medical advisers.
- One Day NSW Boat License Course: Offers best training experience with more hands-on practical. Includes theory, test and on water practical. Meets all the requirements and further testing or training needed.
- NSW Boat And PWC License Combined Course: Includes Boat and PWC theory, Boat and PWC tests and boat practical. Meets all the requirements and further testing or training needed. In NSW there is currently no requirement to complete a PWC practical session to obtain a PWC license.
- NSW Boat and PWC License Theory Only Sessions: Includes sitting the NSW RMS multiple-choice license tests. This is ideal for anyone wishing to complete either the NSW Boat License theory only or combine both with the Boat and PWC License theory session. This option does not meet all the requirements for obtaining the license; you will still need to complete an on-water boat practical session.
Private Boat Training
- Night Navigation - Sydney Harbor: This training is ideal is for anyone who wanting to go night fishing, have a romantic evening on the water or take their boat out on Sydney Harbor during busy aquatic events.
- Marina Berthing and Close Quarter Maneuvering: This training is designed for Skippers to learn the basic steps of departing and berthing at a marina.
- Create your boat training plan: Create your own training plan by choosing one or more modules such as - marina berthing and close quarter maneuvering; boat set up, maintenance and engineering; assistance on your first few outings; inland/river boating; offshore operations; plus more.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 16, 2019