STCW Superyacht Crew Training, RYA Yachtmaster Courses and Boating Licensing Classes in Mosman (Sydney), NSW
Established in 1995, Flying Fish provides maritime and recreational training which leads to qualifications and certificates from internationally recognized awarding authorities. The in-house trainers at Flying Fish deliver courses in yachting, powerboating, dinghy sailing, and windsurfing and, in the UK for STCW commercial maritime qualifications. Flying Fish is recognized as a sea school and approved as a training centre by the RYA in the UK (Flying Fish UK), Greece and Australia.
Flying Fish Australia was established in 2009 in Sydney, bringing together the RYA instructors and operations team at Middle Harbour Yacht Club in Mosman (Sydney), NSW. Here they deliver yacht training and yacht racing as well as dinghy sailing, all from an impressive location on Sydney Harbour. With every professional level course you are also eligible for the free online recruitment service and they match employers with job-seekers, at no cost to anyone using the service.
Superyacht Crew Training
- STCW Basic Safety Training (5 days): STCW Basic Safety Training is required for anyone wishing to work on a commercial vessel greater than 24 m in length.
- STCW Superyacht Steward or Stewardess (15 days): Gain the essential qualifications required to enter the superyacht industry as a steward or stewardess.
- STCW Superyacht Deck Crew (12 days): Get the essential qualifications needed to enter the superyacht industry as a member of crew, including STCW Basic Safety Training.
- Yachtmaster Coastal Fast Track - 8 weeks: The Yachtmaster Coastal Fast-Track in Sydney takes you from novice sailor to RYA Yachtmaster Coastal in 8 weeks.
- Yachtmaster Offshore Fast Track - 12 weeks: The Flying Fish Yachtmaster Offshore Fast Track in Sydney takes you from novice sailor to the RYA Yachtmaster Certificate of Competence.
- Yachtmaster Ocean Fast Track - 16 weeks: The Yachtmaster Ocean Traineeship in Sydney first trains you for your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate. Then you go on to learn celestial navigation and complete an ocean qualifying passage, in preparation for the RYA Yachtmaster Ocean oral exam.
- Dayskipper to Yachtmaster Fast-track - 7 days: Dayskipper to Yachtmaster Fast-track is designed for confident sailors who have completed RYA Day Skipper or have previous experience as skipper in sheltered waters. It provides an efficient pathway to the Yachtmaster Offshore certificate.
Yachtmaster Short Courses
- Competent Crew - 5 days
- Day Skipper Shorebased Theory - 5 days
- Day Skipper Practical - 5 days
- RYA Coastal Skipper - 5 days
- Yachtmaster Shorebased Theory - 5 days
- Yachtmaster Milebuilder and Qualifying Passages - 5 days /12 days
- Yachtmaster Practical Skills - 5 days
- ACMA Radio VHF/HF Licence - 1 day
- Marine First Aid - 1 day
- RYA Diesel Engine -1 day
- Yachtmaster Prep and Exam - 5 days
- ISAF Offshore Safety and Sea Survival - 2 days
- Professional Practices and Responsibilities - Online
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 - 2 days (Australia only)
- Yacht Cruising Instructor
- Yachtmaster Ocean Theory - 5 days
- Yachtmaster Ocean Qualifying Passage - 16 days
Boat Licence Courses
- NSW Boat Licence (1 day)
- Safety Boat Operator (2 days)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (2 days)
- ACMA Marine Radio License (VHF, HF, GMDSS) (1 day)
- Marine First Aid (1 day)
- Essential Navigation and Seamanship - Online
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 1, 2019