Translate to Your Language
Recreational Boating & PWC Licencing and Commercial Boating Courses in Newport NSW
Located at Newport - New South Wales, Sea School is a nationally recognized training organization and delivers marine qualifications, recreational boat & Jet Ski licensing and commercial training to people seeking careers in the maritime industry. The students are trained for courses which combines traditional classroom teaching with practical training. All courses are intense, of short duration and held monthly. They’re specifically designed for the learner who already has industry experience.
Sea School has over 400 graduates successfully complete the maritime courses and has worked closely with both AMSA and ASQA to build training that creates employment outcomes for the students. The School offers flexible course options with opportunities for full-time and part-time study. Students can re-sit any part of their course before sitting the AMSA Certificate of Competency oral examination.
Commercial Boating Courses
- General Purpose Hand (4 weekdays or 2 weekends): Train as a Deckhand and undertake a wide range of maritime work on land or at sea in communications, seamanship, logistics, tourism and hospitality; help rebuild a marina or discover your potential with an environmental group. With further training and experience you could become a ship's master.
- Coxswain grade 2 Near Coastal (5 weekdays plus sea time): This qualification is suitable for people who work as a Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and command a commercial marine vessel
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal (8 days plus sea time): This course will teach you how to confidently operate and maintain main and auxiliary machinery and electronics and is the starting point if you’re seeking a career within the Maritime sector as a Marine Engineer (Class 3).
- Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (10 weekdays plus sea time): This qualification is suitable for people who work as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and command a commercial marine vessel.
- Master up to 24 meters Near Coastal (20 days plus sea time): You will learn vessel operations and management, how to maneuver larger vessels, safety and seamanship as well as how to plan and navigate a passage at Master level. The course includes how to instruct the ship’s crew on watch keeping, wheelhouse operations, environmental management, routine maintenance, keeping records and logbooks, communications and how to slip and dock a vessel.
- AMSA Exemption 38 (half to 1 day): This is an AMSA approved training course for people who want to operate as a Coxswain in a limited capacity (near coastal).
- Marine Radio (1 day): Marine Radios are available in 27 MHz, VHF and MF/HF. To operate a VHF, MF/HF radio (most of these radios are licensed) you must have a certificate.
- Shipboard Safety (2 days or flexible delivery): The course includes face-to-face teaching in the classroom as well as demonstrations on donning a life jacket, use of the EPIRB, safety equipment checks, crew drills, how to use a fire extinguisher and line handling basics, and the essentials in the grab bag.
Recreational Boating & PWC Courses
- Boat Licencing
- Boat and PWC Licencing
- Practical Boating
- Boating Knowledge Course
- Boating Knowledge Test
- PWC (Jet Ski) Knowledge Test
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 13, 2017