NOGEPA 2.2 Offshore First Aid & Refresher for Designated Personnel to Perform First Aid Tasks in an Offshore Installation
On every offshore mining installation when manned (including the normally unattended ones) at least 2 persons shall be designated and trained as offshore first aider. The NOGEPA 2.2 Basic Offshore First Aid course & refresher trains the participants first aid to victims of accidents or those who need first aid in an offshore installation. Delegates also receive training in accompanying the sick and injured when transported ashore.
At the end of the course, the delegate should have the required knowledge and skills in order to be able to - Render first aid to victims of accidents or acute sick persons at a mining installation; Accompany sick or wounded persons during transport from the workplace to the shore; Co-ordinate and assist in case of serious accidents with several victims; Manage the first aid equipment at the mining installation; and communicate effectively with the back-up doctor ashore and perform first aid actions on directions of doctor.
This is a specialist training and is intended for everyone who is designated to perform first aid tasks in a first aid organization at an offshore installation.
- Duration: Basic course - 4 days & Refresher course - 2 days.
- Validity: 2 years
- Prerequisites: Delegate shall be in the possession of a valid Oranje Kruis Certificaat or a valid Nogepa 2.2 basic certificate, registered in the Personal Safety Logbook. Also accepted for the refresher course is a valid physician registration or a valid ‘BIG’ registration for medics.
NOGEPA Offshore First Aid & Refresher Training
NOGEPA 2.2 Offshore First Aid & Refresher Training
NOGEPA 2.2 Training Program
- Basic principles of rendering first aid
- Stop bleeding
- Simple wound treatment
- Immobilize fractures
- First aid at shock
- Cardio-pulmonary reanimation
- Operating an automatic external defibrillator
- First aid for unconscious patients
- Immobilization of patients with suspected back and/or neck injury
- First aid at drowning
- First aid at hypothermia
- Personal hygiene before treating open wounds
- Preparations for transport of wounded/sick persons
- Use of first aid equipment
- Use of bandages
- Use of trauma scale
- Communication and radio medical advice
- Giving injections into a muscle on indication of a physician
- Keep medical administration up to date
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 2, 2021