NOGEPA 0.5C Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Training for Personnel Who Will be Working on Offshore Mining Installation
The NOGEPA 0.5C Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Training has been developed to address initial equipment introduction training requirements related to the use of the Category A - Emergency Breathing System with the application of compressed air.
The objective of the training is to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency.
This training is intended for personnel that are issued with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) whilst travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter and may be required to use a CA-EBS in the event of an emergency deployment arise.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Validity: None
- Prerequisites: Delegates must possess a valid NOGEPA 0.5A / B Safety Introduction and Emergency Response Training certificate
NOGEPA 0.5C CA-EBS Training
NOGEPA 0.5C Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Training
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use)
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situation
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems
- Pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS
- Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including buddy check
- Emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: May 30, 2021