NOGEPA 1.1 Helicopter Landing Officer & Refresher Training for Personnel Who Will be Working on Offshore Mining Installation
The Helicopter Landing Officer on an offshore mining installation is the person in charge of the operations on the helicopter deck prior to landing, during the landing and take-off of a helicopter, including the boarding of passengers, and handling of freight, and refueling if the case may be.
The objective of NOGEPA 1.1 Helicopter Landing Officer & Refresher training is to train delegates in theory and practice of the performance of all activities concerning helicopter operations at a mining installation both under normal conditions and in emergency situations.
This is a function-orientated training and is intended for persons designated to act as Helicopter Landing Officer at an offshore mining installation.
- Duration: Basic course - 2 days & Refresher course - 1 day
- Validity: 2 years
- Prerequisites: Basic or Refresher course Member Firefighting and Rescue team. In case of offshore mining installations on which no refueling of helicopters takes place a valid Basic or Refresher Course Fire-Fighting Helicopters (NOGEPA 2.9 A / B) suffices.
NOGEPA Helicopter Landing Officer & Refresher
NOGEPA 1.1 Helicopter Landing Officer & Refresher
- Hazards of helicopter operations, dangerous areas, entry and escape routes (helideck and helicopter), (personal) protective equipment to be used, cleaning, maintenance and completion of available equipment
- Command and control the preparation of the helideck and associated (fire-fighting) equipment for landing and take-off of a helicopter
- Performance and registration of exercises regarding various emergency situations
- Leading the performance of normal and emergency procedures during landing and takeoff of helicopters
- Radio procedures during arrival and departure
- Processing documentation after landing concerning passengers and freight (including dangerous materials).
- Leading and acting as controller for boarding and disembarking of persons and the loading and unloading of freight (including dangerous materials)
- Leading and acting as controller for loading the helicopter and the collection of data for determination of the weight of the helicopter
- Leading and acting as controller during the performance of procedures and actions for starting helicopter engines and any other support provided
- Leading and acting as controller during helicopter fuel loading operations, as well as keeping the relevant register
- Carrying out fuel quality checks
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: May 31, 2021