NOGEPA 2.6 Member Fire-Fighting and Rescue Team Offshore & Refresher Training for Personnel Designated Firefighting or Rescue Operation on an Offshore Mining Installation
The NOGEPA 2.6 Member Fire-Fighting & Rescue Team Offshore Training is meant for employees who are appointed to take part in firefighting or rescue crews on an offshore mining installation. The delegate learns theory and practice of fire-fighting, search and rescue operations.
In the training Member Fire-Fighting & Rescue Team Offshore delegates receive training in the role of the team during firefighting and rescue operations. Alarms, principles and procedures, working with breathing and firefighting equipment, rescue of victims, combat of indoor, plant and helicopter fires, assistance at incidents and maintaining effective communication are some of the training received by the delegates
This is a specialist course and the delegates will increase their knowledge and improve their skills and will learn to work as a team and use firefighting equipment and techniques applicable for offshore installations.
- Duration: Basic - 4 days & Refresher - 2 days
- Validity: 2 years
- Prerequisites: The delegate shall be medically fit for the use of a breathing apparatus registered in the Personal Safety Logbook
NOGEPA Fire-Fighting and Rescue Team Member
NOGEPA 2.6 Member Fire-Fighting and Rescue Team Offshore Training
NOGEPA 2.6 Training Program
- The role of a fire-fighting and rescue team at a mining installation.
- Reacting to alarms e.g., proceeding to the muster station, selecting and donning the required personal protective equipment
- Principles and procedures of a fire-fighting and rescue team
- Principles and procedures in working with breathing equipment
- Rescuing victims
- Use of fire-fighting equipment e.g., hoses and branch pipes, hose reels, portable class A and class B fire extinguishers, fire blankets etc
- Fire-fighting on indoor, plant and helicopter fires
- Assistance at incidents, e.g., gas escapes, oil and chemicals spills, as well as incidents with injured victims etc.
- Cleaning and maintenance of used equipment
- Maintaining effective communication
- Escape from smoke filled areas by using an escape mask
NOGEPA 2.6 Practical Exercises
- Performing efficiently all techniques mentioned above
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 2, 2021