NOGEPA 2.9 Helicopter Fire-Fighting & Refresher Training for Persons Designated to Act as Helicopter Landing Officer or Helicopter Deck Assistant
This NOGEPA 2.9 Helicopter Fire-Fighting & Refresher Training is designed for Helicopter Landing Officer and Helicopter Deck Assistant attending helicopter operations at an offshore mining installation without refueling capacity for helicopters.
This is a NOGEPA specialist training and is for persons designated to act as Helicopter Landing Officer or Helicopter Deck Assistant at an offshore mining installation and not in the possession of a valid registration in the Personal Safety Logbook (Member Fire-fighting and Rescue team Offshore - NOGEPA 2.6).
The course is intended for offshore personnel on a small platform where fuel loading for helicopters is not possible and where there is insufficient staff to form a Fire-Fighting Team.
- Duration: Basic - 1 day & Refresher - 0.5 day
- Validity: 2 years
- Prerequisites: Offshore Medical certificate
NOGEPA Helicopter Fire-Fighting
NOGEPA 2.9 Helicopter Fire-Fighting & Refresher Training
NOGEPA 2.9 Training Program
- Theory on the treatment of helicopters and the risks of helicopter movement
- Theory on helicopter firefighting and rescue
- Practical training for firefighting in the helicopter and rescue operations during a calamity
- Use of a foam monitor, fire hose, and small fire extinguishing equipment
- Rescuing passengers from a helicopter
- Fighting helicopter fires with monitors, fire hoses and portable extinguishers
- Rescuing crew and passengers from a burning helicopter
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 2, 2021