NOGEPA 0.8 H2S Introduction & Refresher Training for Personnel Who Will be Working on Offshore Mining Installation
The aim of NOGEPA 0.8 H2S Introduction & Refresher Training is to inform the delegates on the health and safety issues related to hazards and risks of Hydrogen Sulphide gas and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skill. The training is a compulsory training for employees (on- and offshore) who are at risk of getting in contact with installations where an enhanced level of H2S concentration can be expected.
During the NOGEPA 0.8 H2S course, the participant receives information and is made aware about the dangers and risks of hydrogen sulphide take the adequate actions in case of a leakage. This is an elementary safety training and intended for persons performing activities on an onshore mining installation.
The Objective of the course is to inform delegates about the hazards of hydrogen sulphide gas and train theoretically and practically in performing the right actions in case of a hydrogen sulphide gas leakage.
- Duration: Half a day for both basic and refresher training
- Validity: 4 years
- Prerequisites: No medical certificate required & for refresher course, valid NOGEPA 0.8 certificate required
NOGEPA Fire-Fighting Instruction & Refresher
NOGEPA 0.6 Fire-Fighting Instruction & Refresher
- Extinguishing a small A and B class fire with various types of small extinguishers
- Decide which extinguishing agent should be used in the given situation
- The effects of extinguishing and combustible materials present
- Extinguishing a small fire with various types of portable extinguishers
- Explanation and demonstration of various small extinguishing agents
- Explanation and demonstration of the effects of extinguishing
- The actual extinguishing of various fires with various extinguishing agents
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: May 31, 2021