NOGEPA 1.3 Helicopter Deck Assistant Course & Refresher for Persons Designated as Helicopter Deck Assistant at an Offshore Mining Installation
Under the supervision of the Helicopter Landing Officer, Helideck Assistants (H D A) carry out routine helideck operations such as assisting with passenger embarkation and disembarkation, transferring freight and baggage to and from the helicopter when it has landed on the helideck of an offshore mining installation.
The H D A will assist the HLO in response to an emergency situation on the helideck. Objective of the NOGEPA 1.3 Helicopter Deck Assistant & Refresher trains the delegates in theory and practice in performing activities related to helicopter operations at an offshore mining installation, both under normal conditions and emergency situations.
This is a function-orientated training and intended for Persons designated to act as Helicopter Deck Assistant at an offshore mining installation.
- Duration: 1.5 days for basic and 1 day for refresher
- Validity: 2 years
- Prerequisites: Basic or Refresher course Member Firefighting and Rescue team (NOGEPA 2.6 A/B). In case of offshore mining installations on which no refueling of helicopters takes place a valid Basic or Refresher Course Fire-Fighting Helicopters (NOGEPA 2.9 A/B) suffices.
NOGEPA Helicopter Deck Assistant & Refresher
NOGEPA 1.3 Helicopter Deck Assistant & Refresher Training
- Hazards of helicopter operations, dangerous areas, entry and escape routes (helideck and helicopter), personal protective equipment to be used, cleaning, maintenance and completion of available equipment
- Preparation of the helideck and associated (fire-fighting) equipment for the landing and take-off of a helicopter
- Performance of normal and emergency procedures, connected with the landing and takeoff of helicopters
- Boarding or disembarking of persons and loading or unloading of freight (including dangerous materials)
- The loading of the helicopter and the collection of the data for the determination of the weight of the helicopter
- Procedures and actions for starting the helicopter engines and any support provided
Training for Loading Fuel
- Fuel installation operations
- Refueling a helicopter
- Carrying out fuel quality checks
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with NOGEPA for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 1, 2021