USCG Approved Able Bodied Seaman, STCW compliant PSCRB, FRB, and Other Maritime Training Programs in La Conner WA & Other Locations
Located at La Conner WA, Seafarers Worldwide Career Training (SFWW) provides United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved courses that follow the International Maritime Organization (IMO) model courses for STCW. Seafarers Worldwide Career Training (SFWW) is a maritime training center dedicated to the initial and continued training of maritime professionals and unlicensed crewmembers.
USCG & IMO approved STCW courses include Seaman, Search and Rescue, Fast Rescue Boat, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Proficiency in Survival Craft (Restricted), Vessel Drill Instructor, CPR and First Aid. SFWW also provides Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) approved Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) course.
USCG Compliant Training
- Able Bodied Seaman (AB): The Able Seaman (AB) course is the starting point for all higher level certificates. The AB course meets all of the U. S. Coast Guard examination requirements, upon graduation the student may immediately transition to the next level course with no further U. S. Coast Guard examination requirements.
USCG & STCW Compliant Training
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue (PSCRB): At this training, you will learned about Safety Guide Lines, Ship Emergencies, Abandoning the Ship, Personal Lifesaving Appliances, Rescue Operation, Life Boats, Life Boat Launching Devices / Appliances, Life Rafts, Location Aids, Signals and Signs in an Emergency. This STCW course has been developed for seafarers who are responsible for the survival crafts and rescue boats during an emergency situation.
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft Limited: This 2-day course provides the knowledge, understanding, and proficiency required to take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launching as outlined in the STCW code. This course is designed for inland mariners and focuses on the survival craft found onboard inland and near-coastal vessels.
- Fast Rescue Boat (FRB): This three day program has become the marine industry standard and is approved by the U.S. Coast Guard. A mariner who successfully completes this course will satisfy the training requirements of USCG and for an STCW endorsement for Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats.
Other Maritime Training Programs
- Search and Rescue: This two day course provides the candidate with knowledge of the contents of the International Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue Manual (IAMSAR), and the procedures necessary to respond to a distress signal at sea.
- Drill Conductor: This course covers procedures for conducting the monthly emergency drills required on fishing vessels by the Coast Guard, how to run effective safety orientations, realistic drill scenarios, importance of debriefing all drills, and proper documentation.
- CPR and First Aid: Also available.
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 2, 2018