USCG Approved Maritime Training & Licensing and Other Marine Related Services in Tacoma WA
Centrally located in Tacoma, Washington, equidistant from Seattle and Olympia, the Flagship Maritime Training Center provides courses and training programs for your USCG license, which is an important step in earning industry-wide distinction as a maritime professional. These courses prepare you for the appropriate USCG examinations, and include all study materials, supplies, and charts.
The tests administered are each USCG approved examinations, which means participants successfully completing this battery of tests will not have to take any additional examinations at a USCG Regional Exam Center following the course. There are four areas examined, including subjects such as navigation and charting, international and inland rules of the road, deck seamanship, safety and environmental issues.
The majority of the courses are offered at the main training facility in Tacoma and they also offer courses in Bellingham, Mercer Island, and Poulsbo.
USCG License Programs
- Operator of Un-Inspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) (56 hours): The following topics are covered in detail - Charting and Navigation; International and Inland Rules of the Road; and Deck Seamanship, Safety and Environmental.
- Upgrade to Master 100 Tons (Inland – Near Coastal) (24 hours): A training course for those OUPV who wish to upgrade to Master 100 tons.
- FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit Training and Examination (4 hours): Covers basic radio law, operation, and other fundamentals.
- OUPV / Master 100 Ton Renewal Course (8 hours): This course is for those who wish to renew their licenses but do not have the required underway sea service.
- Commerical Assistance Towing - NMT 200 Tons (4 hours): This course is for those who wish to perform Commercial Assistance Towing.
- Auxiliary Sail - NMT 200 Tons (4 hours): This course is for those who desire to qualify for an Auxiliary Sail Endorsement to their license.
- License Renewal Courses
MILPRO Series Training Courses
- Basic Marine Law Enforcement
- Marine Search and Rescue
- Advanced Vessel Operator Course
- Fire Boat Operator
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 13, 2020