USCG Approved Captain's License Training, Endorsements and FCC License Testing for Mariners in Sequim, Washington
American Marine Training Centers (AMTC) is a United States Coast Guard approved training facility and the Washington campus is located at Sequim. In all of the courses the student will test at AMTC for U.S. Coast Guard exams. Sequim, Washington is approximately 3 miles from John Wayne Marina, in the beautiful Olympic Peninsula.
With state-of-the-art, permanent training facility which offers dedicated learning environment, all learning materials for the courses are supplied.
AMTC is one of the few schools in the country authorized to give separate ‘Inland Only’ or ‘Inland, Great Lakes, and Near Coastal’ exams. i.e at AMTC, if you qualify for the Inland Master or Inland OUPV License, you only have to test for that license which means shorter, less complicated exams.
AMTC also offers offsite training classes.
- Master Course (80 hours): The Master Course is for anyone who wishes to operate a U.S. Coast Guard inspected vessel, up to 100 Tons, and may carry more than six persons for hire. The course meets the requirements for Inland and Near Coastal routes. The tonnage and route restrictions will be based on your Sea Time (experience).
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels Course (OUPV – 56 hours): The Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV or Six Pack) course is for anyone who wishes to operate an uninspected vessel carrying six or less passengers for hire. The course meets the requirements for Inland and Near Coastal Routes. The tonnage and route restrictions will be based on your Sea Time (experience).
- Rules of the Road Course (20 hours): The Rules of the Road course is for anyone who wishes to improve their knowledge of the required actions when operating a vessel in Inland or International Waters.
- Assistance Towing Endorsement Course (4 hours): The Commercial Assistance Towing Course is designed for anyone who wishes to engage in commercial assistance towing. The most common uses are with Vessel Assist or a similar company. This course does not meet the requirements to operate a tug and barge.
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement Course (4 hour): The Auxiliary Sail Endorsement course is designed for anyone who wishes to operate an auxiliary sailing vessel engaged in carrying passengers for hire. Anyone may take this course, however to qualify for the endorsement you must have at least 360 days of experience operating an auxiliary sailing vessel.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid Course (4 hours): This course satisfies the United States Coast Guard U.S. Homeland Security requirement for CPR and First Aid. It includes certification on an AED - Automatic Electronic Defibrillator. This course also satisfies DOT and most workplace requirements for CPR and First Aid. It is consistent with OSHA's best practices for First Aid and conforms to national standards, thus accepted as the equivalent to the AHA and ARC.
FCC License Exam
- Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP) - Element 1
- General Radiotelephone Operator License (PG) - Elements 1 & 3
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System Operator (GMDSS -DO) - Elements 1 & 7
- GMDSS - Restricted (RG) - Elements 1 & 7R
- GMDSS Maintainer (DM) - Elements 1, 3 & 9
- Ship Radar Endorsement - Element 8