Transport Canada Approved Maritime Training Programs in Courtenay BC, Canada
Established in 1989 and located at Courtenay, British Columbia in Canada, Excel Career College offers career training courses which includes both in class and practicum components so that you can apply the knowledge you learn in the classroom to a workplace. Once you’ve completed your career training, you’ll be fully qualified for employment positions in less time than other college programs.
Excel’s programs are developed in direct response to the current and future job market. Through research, community networking and continuous assessment and evaluation of its programs, Excel develops curriculum to bridge the employment needs of students and businesses in the communities it serves.
Excel Career College’s Transport Canada Approved Marine Training Certifications and related Industry Certifications support businesses and organizations employing marine staff, as well as individuals seeking employment in the marine industry. In-class and on-site training is available, and you can expect to receive excellent instruction from fully certified, experienced Instructors.
Transport Canada Approved Courses
- SVOP - Small Vessel Operator’s Proficiency (32 hours - 4 days): Participants must be at least 18 years of age and hold a current CDN number.
- SDV-BS - Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety (8 hours - 1 day): Participants must be at least 15 years of age.
- ROC-M - Restricted Operator’s Certificate - Maritime (8 hours - 1 day): Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
- MBFA - Marine Basic First Aid (16 hours - 2 days): Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Forklift Certificate (8 hours - 1 day): Participants must be at least 16 years of age and provide their own steel-toed boots.
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (4 hours - 0.5 day): No admission requirements or prerequisites apply.
- CSA - Confined Space Awareness (4 hours - 0.5 days): No admission requirements or prerequisites apply.
- TDG - Transport of Dangerous Goods (4 hours - 0.5 days): No admission requirements or prerequisites apply.
Last Updated: June 21, 2021