Change the Language
Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain and Operations Management Training and APICS CPIM & CSCP Certifications
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK - CILT(UK) - is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chains and all transport throughout their careers. It is a membership based organization with over 30,000 members in over 30 countries.
The Institute offers a progressive logistics and transport program to develop your skills and enhance the career: Comprehensive range of training courses; Comprehensive range of short courses; Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme; Routes to Chartered Membership; Mentoring service; and Graduate schemes. CILT qualifications can be studied at centers around UK, some of which also offer distance learning options.
The qualifications offer professionals at every level and in every sector of the industry the opportunity to gain professional recognition of their knowledge and experience. Nationally recognized and accredited by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (OFQUAL), these qualifications are designed to raise standards and to demonstrate both professional and personal achievement. All the qualifications include membership of CILT or Institute of Operations Management (IOM).
Professional Education & Training Programs
CILT International Courses
- International Entry Award in Logistics & Transport: The CILT International Entry Award is a new qualification launched in 2015. It is ideal for school-leavers, apprentices, and those exploring a career in logistics or transport at a basic level. It is ideal for young people planning to enter the sector.
- International Introductory Certificate in Logistics & Transport: The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International Introductory Certificate has been running since 2011 and gives a basic grounding in transport and logistics. This qualification was developed in response to a market need for a foundation-type introductory course for those in the early stages of their careers.
- International Certificate in Logistics & Transport: The latest version of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International Certificate has been running since 2012 and is designed to support professionals moving into, or who are already within supervisory or team leader roles but require training and development.
- International Diploma in Logistics & Transport: The latest version of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International Diploma was launched in 2015. This course follows on from the Certificate and is designed to support professionals involved in planning logistics operations and who are already in supervisory or operational management roles. It is also ideal for graduates with non-business degrees moving into the logistics field. It operates at Dip HE/HND level (Level 5 equivalent to 2 years of a degree).
- International Advanced Diploma in Logistics & Transport: This is the highest level qualification in the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport’s international ‘suite’ of qualifications. Operating at Level 6 (degree standard) this qualification is designed for the next generation of business leaders, helping operational managers and technical specialists to think strategically, carry out in-depth research and stretch their knowledge and competence.
- Award in Logistics and Transport
- Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities in the Logistics Industry
- Certificate in Logistics and Transport
- Award in Customer Service for Professional Drivers in Road Transport
- Award in Inventory Management
- Award in Green Logistics provides information
- Award in Global Logistics
- Certificate in Logistics and Transport
- Certificate of Professional Competence For Transport Managers (Road Haulage)
- Certificate in Green Logistics
- Certificate in Global Logistics
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 3 Certificate in Operations Management
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supply Operations
- Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport
- Diploma in Express Logistics
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 5 Award in Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 5 Diploma in Operations Management for the Service Environment
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 5 Certificate in Operations Management for the Service Environment
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 5 Diploma in Operations Management
- The CILT (UK) Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport
- The CILT (UK) - IOM Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Operations Management
Masters Program (Online)
- MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Progression can be made from level 5 and level 6 to the distance-learning (online) MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management program offered in conjunction with the University of South Wales.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- APICS Train the Trainer (TtT)
The partnership between APICS - the prestigious US Association for Operations Management – and The Institute of Operations Management (IOM) provides increased availability of education, certification and membership programs for professional personnel in operations and supply chain management throughout Great Britain. The partnership makes two key, internationally recognized certification programs available in Great Britain: the Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is a program designed to test candidates’ in-depth knowledge of a variety of subjects specific to production and inventory management, while the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program extends beyond internal operations to encompass all steps throughout the supply chain. APICS certification can be undertaken via distance learning or through instructor-led programs, according to your preferred learning style.
Supply Chain Practitioner Programs
- Foundation Practitioner: For those with some experience who require training in the field. Providing individuals who have broad experience across the Industry but little relevant formal training with a recognised professional qualification.
- Professional Practitioner: For those with experience and/or some formal qualification who wish to become more efficient and effective in their role, and gain a deeper understanding of the wider challenges of the supply chain.
- Master Practitioner: For those with extensive experience who want to focus on strategic supply chain management. Each of these three awards can be specifically adapted to meet the needs of individual organisations and will be offered both as public courses and company specific.
Humanitarian Logistics Programs
- CILT Certification in Humanitarian Logistics: This is suitable for professionals working in operational management positions within the field of humanitarian logistics
- CILT Certification in Humanitarian Medical Logistics Practices: This qualification is aimed at humanitarian logisticians and medical specialists involved in medical supply chains.
- CILT Certification in Humanitarian Supply Chain Management: It is aimed at humanitarian logisticians operating at a tactical level and engaged in the planning, resourcing and management of the supply chain and the implementation of supply chain strategy.
European Logistician Programs
- European Junior Logistician (EJLog): European Junior Logistician qualification is aimed at supervisors in an operational environment, as well as first-line managers.
- European Senior Logistician (ESLog): European Senior Logistician qualification is aimed at managers or consultants planning, coordinating and controlling different parts of the logistics network.
- European Master Logistician (EMLog): European Master Logistician qualification is aimed at senior managers, senior consultants or directors with considerable experience in logistics management.
- Certificate of Customs Competency: Designed to give delegates the essential knowledge of customs procedures required to work in an operational role within an exporting, importing, transport or freight forwarding environment. It covers the requirements in a practical and pragmatic way ensuring delegates know how to operate legally and how to gain the benefits available for their organisation.
Professional & CPD Training
- CPC Road Haulage Operations
- MRPII/ERP and Supply Chain Management - One Day
- Inventory Control Techniques
- APICS - Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM)
- Warehouse Management Course
- APICS - Detailed Scheduling and Planning (DSP)
- APICS - Strategic Management of Resources SMR
- Plus more. Please check the website for the latest schedule