Training Courses for Designers and Shipyards Dealing with Various Aspects of Newbuildings - From Regulatory and Technical Requirements to Design and Production
Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany with academy managers in 17 key locations around the world to provide expert training in more than 100 countries, DNV GL Maritime Academy provides one of the broadest portfolios of maritime training courses for the industry. DNV GL Maritime Academy provides over 150 different courses, one of the broadest portfolios in the industry.
The course portfolio is based around three core maritime themes, Developing People, Operating Ships, and Building Ships. Authentic case studies that enable the participants to apply what they have learned during the course and deepen their understanding of the subject matter.
This section has a full offer of training courses for designers and shipyards dealing with various aspects of newbuildings - from regulatory and technical requirements to design and production.
Class and Statutory
- Basics of Classification (1 day): In-house training course providing good understanding of the requirements of classification societies.
- Electric General - Principles and Rules (2 days): Course on rules and regulations, electrical systems as well as alarm & control system and instrumentation in principle.
- Introduction to Shipbuilding (3 days): Course providing general information on ships & shipbuilding
- Machinery Piping and Statutory Design (2 days): Course about machinery and system design, oil pollution, drainage of compartment, handling of fuel oil, ventilation.
- System General and Statutory - Concept and Rules (3 days): Course on role of class, purpose of rules, regulations and recommendations, ship’s function, basic concept of system.
Ship Design Courses
- Accommodation Design (2 days): Course covering SOLAS 74 and ILO requirements, fire technical considerations, details of construction, accommodation comfort.
- Design for Production (1 day): Course reviewing aspects of design for production for ships.
- Electric Design (2 days): Course dealing with applicable rules & regulations, electrical system and alarm and control system instrumentation in principle.
- Fatigue Assessment I (2 days): Course on fatigue basic, DNV CN for fatigue and the procedure for PLUS notations, NAUTICUS software for fatigue strength assessment.
- Fatigue Assessment II - Direct Calculation (2 days): Course on fatigue basic, DNV CN for fatigue and the procedure for PLUS notations, NAUTICUS software for fatigue strength assessment, direct calculation method.
- Harmonized CSR (3 days): Course on harmonized CSR referring to hull strength, design concept, technical rule background and differences between harmonized CSR and CSR Tank or Bulk.
- Hull Piping and Statutory Design (2 days): Course on ship cargo handling system, applicable class rules and international requirements, design principle of each system, classification of cargoes.
- Hull Structure and Strength - Concept and Rules (3 days): Course focusing on class systematic, hull structure and force flow, strength concept and design points, general hull rules.
- Noise and Vibration (2 days): Course on concept of noise and vibration, approach method, analysis steps and design against noise and vibration.
- Ship Structural Design (1 day): Course covering basic aspects of ship structural design, namely materials, strength, corrosion and fatigue.
- Wave Load Analysis for Ship (3 days): Course about hydrodynamic basis, ship motion in wave, ship motions analysis and statistical post-processing by using DNV SESAM package.
- Drillship Hull (2 days): Course looking at basic design concepts of a drillship’s hull, differences between standard ship design and drillship design and how to apply the DNV standards for hull design.
- Drillship System (2 days): Course on basic principles of modern drillship technology, special features of drilling units and production and drilling systems.
- Dynamic Positioning System (3 days): Course about design features, class rules related to DP system, operational challenges, and survey / inspection requirements.
- FLNG Hull (2 days): Course about rules and regulations, electrical system, alarm and control system instrumentation in principle.
- FLNG System (2 days): Course on basic design concept of FLNG’s safety, novel aspects and application in LNG transfer, conceptual system design.
- Integrated Software Dependent Systems (ISDS) (2 days): Course on concepts and requirements of DNV OS D-203, Integrated Software Dependent Systems.
- LNG Essential and Liquefaction System (2 days): LNG value chain and LNG liquefaction system incl. feed treatment system and FLNG applications.
- NORSOK Standard - Safety/Working Environment (2 days): Course on the background of the NORSOK Regime and how the standards are developed and maintained.
- Offshore - Hull General (2 days): Course on structure design of FPSO units from the initial design phase to the detail design phase.
- Offshore Containers and Portable Offshore Units (2 days): Course providing detailed information relating to offshore transportation as per 2.7-1 and 2.7-3.
- Offshore Service Modules (1 day): Training course giving an overview of DNV GL Standard for Certification 2.7-2, its purpose and the technical requirements.
- Subsea Production Systems (3 days): Training course on subsea systems and components.
- Developing a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) (2 days): Course on development of a WPS and preparation for the subsequent welding procedure qualification test.
- Material Technology (3 days): Course providing knowledge about materials, application to ships and requirements.
- Container Carriers - Hull Design (2 days): Training course on bulk carrier operation, strength and design, application of bulk carrier rules for practical design.
- LNG - Hull (2 days): Course about rules and regulations, electrical system, alarm and control system instrumentation in principle.
- LNG - System (2 days): Course on basic design concept of FLNG’s safety, novel aspects and application in LNG transfer, conceptual system design.
- LPG - Hull (2 days): Training course on LPG carriers, strength of hull structures, rules and regulations, material selection for higher and lower temperature cargoes, etc.
- LPG - System (2 days): Ccourse on LPG carriers, cargo containment system, rules and regulations, etc
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 15, 2018