Translate to Your Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education and Research in Germany
Kuhne Logistics University (Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Logistik und Unternehmensführung - THE KLU) is a private, independent and state-recognized university. THE KLU is dedicated to teaching and research of logistics as a core element of globally organized management. THE KLU is located in the heart of Europe’s largest urban development project, the waterside HafenCity in Hamburg. Hamburg, as the world’s ninth-largest seaport, is an important logistics center.
The KLU's two departments, Logistics and Management & Economics, cover the whole spectrum of university education and executive education, from the Bachelor’s degrees and Master programs to a structured PhD program. Research encompasses logistics areas such as maritime logistics, supply chain management and operations management with a focus on sustainability.
KLU students have given their university high ratings in the latest CHE University Ranking and the Foundation of International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) has accredited both KLU’s master’s degree programs - Management and Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management. KLU was awarded the Federal Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure's University for freight transport and logistics recognizes outstanding university logistics programs. Also five professors from KLU rank among the top researchers in business administration research, according to Handelsblatt ranking.
- BSc in Business Administration with Supply Chain Management Specialization (3 years): As a student in our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program, you will choose one of four specializations: international management, sustainable management, supply chain management, or management information systems. The standard track with 180 ECTS and also on offer is an intensive track with 210 ECTS. On the intensive track, you will have more in-depth exposure to the coursework and complete a second internship.
- MSc in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management (2 years): The program in global logistics and supply chain management provides you with the tools to become a leader in today’s most vibrant management disciplines. Specialized topics represent more than half of the curriculum. The teaching method includes both case- and project-based learning, excursions, business simulations, integrated internships, and regular interaction with industry professionals. Practical relevance is the program’s core.
- MSc in Global Supply Chain Management (Tri-continent, 2 years): This degree program approaches supply chain management from an integrative perspective that includes economics, operations, logistics, risk management, leadership, and IT. The program takes place on three continents. Students will spend the first semester in Hamburg (Germany), the second semester in Shanghai (Tongji University, China), and the third semester in Knoxville (University of Tennessee, Tennessee, US).
- MSc in International Maritime Law & Logistics (2 years): This degree will qualify you to master groundbreaking logistics challenges and legal issues. The international joint degree program is offered by KLU and IMO - International Maritime Law Institute - IMLI. The two institutions of higher learning are joining forces to offer collectively a two-year, full-time Master of Science degree program combining International Maritime Law and Humanitarian Logistics.
- MBA in Leadership and Supply Chain Management (part-time, 18 months): This program mixes class room work with team based projects. Two international trips are integrated into the curriculum to provide the students with background information on how other cultures learn and work. A capstone project (thesis) based on a real world problem of importance to the student and their employer integrates the knowledge developed throughout the program and provides the student with a transition from learning to actual practice.
- PhD in Management: KLU’s mission is to educate future leaders in logistics, supply chain management and management and to advance scientific knowledge and its application in the fields of logistics and supply chain management, accounting, finance, marketing and leadership. The KLU is seeking highly talented candidates who want to pursue an academic career and are interested in doing research. THE KLU will screen every applicant to identify suitable candidates’ unique talents. In accordance with international standards and practices, the program is composed of four years.
- International Summer School in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (12 days)
- Executive Supply Chain Management in the Humanitarian Sector (5 days)
- KLU International Spring School USA - Managing Supply Chains for Value (6 days)
- KLU International Spring School China - Sustainable Supply Chain Operations (6 days)
- Supply Chain Innovation (3-5 days)
- Transport Management (5 days)
- Port Logistics Management (3-5 days)
- Green Logistics (3-5 days)
- Modular Executive Education Program in Supply Chain and Logistics Management (20 days)
- Plus more