What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Logistics & Supply Chain Management and Engineering Education & Research
Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is a research institute established by the Government of Aragon in Spain in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the University of Zaragoza. Founded in 2003, the ZLC campus is located in the heart of PLAZA, the largest logistics park in the southwest of Europe that serves as a working laboratory to transfer new knowledge and working practices. ZLC has rapidly become recognized as an international center of excellence for education and research in logistics and supply chain management.
To accomplish its mission ZLC partnered with the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics to form the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program, a unique model of collaboration between industry, government and academia. This successful partnership led to the creation of the MIT Global SCALE Network that now spans four continents. In addition, Zaragoza Logistics Center participates in several national and international research and educational initiatives.
In 2008 the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science officially recognized ZLC as a Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) after previously being designated the National Center of Excellence for research in the area of logistics and supply chain management, CNC LOGISTICA, in 2006. This latest recognition puts ZLC in the leading role to define and coordinate research, development and innovation initiatives across Spain in logistics and supply chain management.
- MIT-Zaragoza Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ZLOG): Taught in English, the MIT-Zaragoza Master of Engineering Program offers the unique combination of a world-class supply chain degree taught in a truly global setting. The ZLOG program is built on the top-ranked curriculum at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Nine months of challenging coursework, cutting edge research, and industry interaction provide ZLOG graduates with the problem solving and leadership skills that companies seek in an increasingly complex and dynamic marketplace.
- Blended MIT-Zaragoza Masters: The blended master's degree refers to a new option that is being developed by MIT that would allow learners to combine the MITx MicroMasters credential with one+ semester at Zaragoza Logistics Center in Zaragoza, Spain (and which will also include 3 week stay at MIT). The MicroMasters credential requires a learner to successfully pass five rigorous online courses in supply chain management and also pass a proctored comprehensive exam. Learners with the MITx MicroMasters credential in SCM can then apply to MIT for the blended SCM master’s degree. This new program would require the successful applicant to come to MIT for January and continue studies in Zaragoza through May.
- MIT-Zaragoza-Ningbo Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (3C Program): was jointly established by three centers within the MIT Global SCALE Network: MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics (MIT CTL), Zaragoza Logistics Center, and Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China. The curriculum is modeled on MIT CTL’s Supply Chain Master’s program, which has been educating supply chain professionals for almost 20 years and is the model for graduate programs in all six Global SCALE Networks centers of excellence. Fall Term - ZLC, Zaragoza, Spain; January Term - MIT, Cambridge, USA; Spring Term - NSCIIC, Ningbo, China.
- MIT-Zaragoza PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Zaragoza Logistics Center offers a world-class doctoral program to leverage the quality faculty and numerous research opportunities of the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program. The University of Zaragoza awards the PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which conforms to evolving Bologna standards. Graduates also receive a certificate from MIT for their participation in the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program. The full-time program follows the highest international quality standards for doctoral studies, from the intensive admissions process to the comprehensive exam and thesis defense. The ZLC PhD degree and MIT-Zaragoza certificate enable graduates to take faculty positions at leading universities around the world or to become innovation leaders for international companies.
Zaragoza (ZLC) Programs
- Master in Supply Chain Management (MDSC): 9 months, part-time degree program taught in Spanish.
- PhD Summer Academy (10 days): In addition to being introduced to different topics in the field by a group of distinguished professors, it will be a great opportunity to meet doctoral students from different institutions and exchange ideas. You will be selected to be part of a discussion forum of outstanding scholars in the area of logistics and supply chain management.
ZLC Executive Education (2-5 days)
- Advanced Inventory Management
- Lean Management
- Supply Chain Digitalization
- Collaboration in Supply Chain
- Manufacturing Logistics
- Supply Chain and Finance
- Data Analytics
- Project Management for the Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Demand Planning
- Retail Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Risk and Resilience Management
- Distribution and Transportation Management
- Revenue Management
- Team Management
- e-Commerce and Omnichannel Supply Chain
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Warehouse Management Optimization
- Latest Trends in Supply Chain Research & Innovation:
- Suppliers and Purchasing Management
- Other Customized Topics