Translate to Your Language
Maritime Technology & Transport; Marine, Naval & Nautical Engineering; Shipping & Marina; and, Supply Chain Programs at FNB Barcelona Tech
Founded in 1769, The Barcelona School of Nautical Studies (FNB) is the oldest maritime and nautical educational institution in Spain. It offers an appealing array of courses and an ideal environment for learning. The school is an ISO 9001:2000 approved institution due to its high quality academic quality standards. Following completion of your degree, you have access to a wide variety of continuing education activities, including specialization courses, maritime protection courses and various postgraduate courses.
Universitat Politècnica De Catalunya (Polytechnic University of Catalonia - UPC) is a public institution dedicated to research and higher education, specialized in the fields of architecture, science and engineering. The university is engaged in intense research activity and provides students with an outstanding education and, also transfer technology and knowledge to companies and society.
Bachelors Degree - Maritime Programs
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Technologies with Majors - On-Board Practicals / Marine Electrotechnics World (4 years): The bachelor’s degree in Marine Technologies will give you a solid grounding in the operation, maintenance and management of power plants and ship systems, and in the design, reengineering and construction of vessels. In addition to working on board ships, graduates also have the skills needed to fill positions related to the operation of offshore platforms for oil and gas extraction, dredgers, underwater machinery, and any other industrial activity carried out in the maritime and land-based sector. You can choose between two majors - On-Board Practicals Or Marine Electrotechnics.
- Bachelor's degree in Nautical Science and Maritime Transport with Majors - On-Board Practicals / Maritime Business and Port Logistics (4 years): The bachelor’s degree in Nautical Science and Maritime Transport will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed for optimal management of navigation man oeuvres, safety and pollution prevention, special cargoes, radio-electronic systems, and other specialized matters. You will also get a good grounding in meteorology, computer representation and design techniques, maritime legislation and regulations, and the organization, management, marketing and financing of maritime businesses. You can choose between two majors - On-Board Practical Or Maritime Business and Port Logistics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Systems and Technology Engineering (4 years): The bachelor’s degree in Naval Systems and Technology Engineering will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to work as an expert on ship propulsion and systems. Your training will be career-oriented, focusing on technological activities linked to naval engineering in relation to ships and vessels of all types; floating and fixed platforms and structures (floating docks, structures for exploiting and utilizing marine resources, and marine structures for generating renewable energy); marine nurseries and fishing systems; and other maritime industries. The following specializations are offered - Sports and Leisure Watercraft; Business Organization; and Inspection, Maintenance and Repair.
Masters Degree - Maritime Programs
- Masters Degree in Nautical Engineering and Maritime Transport (1.5 years): The master's degree in Nautical Engineering and Maritime Transport provides high-level skills in the knowledge areas linked to nautical engineering and maritime transport: the structure and behavior of ships at sea, maritime transport logistics and environmental management. The course qualifies graduates to practice the regulated profession of merchant navy captain. Subjects will be taught in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Master's degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering with Major in Yacht and Pleasure Craft Design Or Ocean Energies (2 years): The master's degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, qualifies you to practice the regulated profession of naval architecture and ocean engineer. It gives you the knowledge you need to design, build, maintain and assess ships and vessels of all kinds, as well as platforms and devices for the use of ocean resources. You will also be trained in the management and supervision of maritime businesses. Subjects will be taught in Catalan or Spanish.
- Master's degree in the Management and Operation of Marine Energy Facilities (1.5 years): The master's degree in the Management and Operation of Marine Energy Facilities (name pending approval) gives students the knowledge and skills to design, plan, operate, maintain and manage marine facilities, covering the main safety, environmental and economic considerations in marine engineering from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Supply Chain Masters Programs
- Masters Degree in Supply Chain, Transport and Mobility (2 years): The master’s degree in Supply Chains, Transport and Mobility products technical professionals with a high level of excellence in the analysis, management and optimization of logistics and transport systems in the fields of civil and industrial engineering. These are basic activities in the organization of society, the productivity of the economy in a region and the quality of life of the population.
Erasmus Mundus Masters Programs
- Masters Degree in Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management (CoMEM) (2 years): The Erasmus Mundus master's degree in Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management (CoMEM), coordinated by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and with the UPC as a participant, is designed to provide advanced training to future scientists and engineers with responsibilities in coastal, harbor and offshore projects, including management and administration roles in sea-related engineering firms. During the program, students familiarize themselves with key issues for providing sustainable, environmentally friendly, legally and economically acceptable solutions to various problems in the fields covered by CoMEM.
Professional and Executive Programs
- Executive Masters Course in Lean Supply Chain Management - Directing Operations and Logistics (Spanish - 1 year): This Masters Degree aims to be unique and exclusive, a reference point for all professionals aiming to develop their career in the areas of logistics, distribution, supplies and, in general, any aspect relating to the supply chain management and design. For this Masters UPC also have the collaboration of managers from the leading logistics companies in Spain, who will transmit their experiences to the students.
- Masters Program in Shipping Business (Spanish - 1 year): This master's degree includes the participation of prestigious professionals from the maritime sector who will pass on their experiences to the students, leading schools in this field (the European School of Short Sea Shipping), technical visits to companies and institutions and a study trip to London, the world headquarters of the shipping business.
- Postgraduate Program in Harbor Management (Spanish - Approx 6 months): The main aim of this program is to train professionals to integrate the different business segments of the marine sportive industry. Providing them with the tools and resources to improve and optimize the management of companies in the sector knowledge. This training offer is backed by industry professionals involved, have consolidated the Postgraduate in Management Nautical Sports as a reference for specialized training in this area. This program is becoming established with the aim of responding to the demand specialized training in the field of nautical sports.
- Postgraduate Program in Port Operations Management (18 ECTS, Spanish)